Spyderlock Wheels

Issues with shocks/springs, tires, steering box, stopping, etc.
chp-sk8

Spyderlock Wheels

Post by chp-sk8 »

Has anyone bought these or ran them on the Pinz? I was looking at the 15in or the 17in, but I am concered about the rotational wt. I want a wider wheel to run a wider tire also it will give a bit more stability. I am also thinking about the steering as well. If anyone can pipe in on these it would be great before I pull the trigger on them.

Cheers
Hell, lets just wing it and see were we end up!
undysworld
Norway

Post by undysworld »

Since nobody has chimed in, I'll offer my thoughts.

Sorry I can't help w/ experience with these wheels. Nice looking. I wasn't even aware that they made them for Pinzgauers.

They only have one backspace available, from what I read. I don't remember the stock backspace, but from memory, it's more. I'd assume this would set the tires out further, and this might give more wear on the wheel bearings, also it might also amplify some steering feedback. But I'd have to assume that perhaps they've already done testing to look into this(?).

Are beadlocks legal in your state? I only know that it sounds like an issue in some areas.

I've read a couple places about the extra maintenance required on beadlock wheels. (Again, I have no personal experience.) Just wondering if your needs will justify the expense and extra care. Personally, I've run my tires at about 20 psi with no bead problems and much improved ride. But we're not long on rock crawling opportunities around Wisconsin.

Anyway, if you buy them, I hope you post some pics of your truck and write of your experience with them. Best of luck with your current activities.

Paul
Fleg

Post by Fleg »

undysworld wrote: Are beadlocks legal in your state? I only know that it sounds like an issue in some areas.
Paul, why wouldn't they be legal in his state?
Jim LaGuardia
United States of America

Post by Jim LaGuardia »

Bead-lock rims are Illegal in some states like Ca.
You really should read through the old sections, it will answer a lot of redundant questions.
Myself and others here have helped Vince build up one of the best Pinz Knowledge bases on the web.

One last thing, out of courtesy to other forum members, please add your location to your profile :wink:
Cheers, Jim LaGuardia
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v510/Goatwerks/
"Arch Magus of Machines."
chp-sk8

thanks

Post by chp-sk8 »

I was begining to wonder if people thought I was a bad guy because I am posting from A-stan....I have posted several things with no response from any one. I am in the army over here and Have purchase my Pinz while deployed.
Thank you very much for the reply. I just want a wider wheel to run,8in is good....the bead lock portion is a perk. I have run them before on my jeeps so I am familiar. Spyderlock looks to be a legit outfit with a great rep. I am going to probably go ahead and call them to get some more details on them.
Jim LaGuardia
United States of America

Post by Jim LaGuardia »

Most just get the stock wheels modded with 8" hoops.
When I get them done, they true the center hole and re use the centers on new hoops, the mod eliminates the need for a balance adapter 8)
Cheers, Jim LaGuardia
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v510/Goatwerks/
"Arch Magus of Machines."
undysworld
Norway

Post by undysworld »

Chp,

No man, we don't think you're a bad guy for being there. The couple of questions I saw I just had no answer for.

On a side note, thanks for being over there and doing your job. And if you happen to run across a Blackhawk pilot named LaPierre over there, please tell him hello from Paul Underwood. He's a buddy, and we're fixing his wife's car tomorrow. (I know, it's a big place...)

Take care and stay safe.

Out of curiosity Jim, what is the cost of those 8" wheels?
Thanks,
Paul
chp-sk8

stockers

Post by chp-sk8 »

Hey jim, I was looking to see who did the mod, and how much$$$ for the stock wheels to get new hoops. I can get the Spyderlocks for $300 ea and the 5th one is free.

Man I cant wait to get home and get my hands on this thing :D
krick3tt

spyderlock wheels

Post by krick3tt »

Chp,

I have no firsthand knowledge of these wheels and don't even know what they look like. I am sure that if they are an improvement for the performance of your pinz then they are an addition that will be welcome.

On a side note, I applaud your service and in no way are you a bad guy. As a Viet Nam vet I thank you greatly for your service and wish you and your mates a safe and speedy return to your homes.

Morris
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

4.5" back spacing i'd worry about tire rub on the gas tank. I think the factory back spacing was 6 3/8". Scott sold the KMC rims with the same back spacing might ask him if he saw any flaws?