Firestone tires

Issues with shocks/springs, tires, steering box, stopping, etc.
stevo

Firestone tires

Post by stevo »

Howdy to all. First of all I would like to apologize in advance because I'm sure this is a redundant subject; but, as I'm looking to a large expenditure, I hope you all will bear with me on this subject. I'm looking to purchase six tires for my truck and am in a quandry as which brand to buy (there are so many it gives one a headache studying the choices). While I really would like to get Super Swampers (because of their off-road capabilities), I must be realistic because I know that my vehicle will spend alot of time on pavement just going to and from the areas I wish to explore. Cost will be a factor as will availability but I am very concerned about reliability as well. With all of this in mind (including driveability on the streets) I guess I will be leaning towards a radial tire versus a bias tire. All of this being said, I was looking for imput of a stock sized tire on stock rims. I know alot of you run BFGs and Goodyears but I was wondering if anyone has experience with the Firestone Destination M/T? Thanks to all in advavce for your time and imput.
Cheers, Stevo
No matter where you go, there you are!
undysworld
Norway

Re: Firestone tires

Post by undysworld »

Stevo,

I run the Super Swamper Radials, and I like them a lot. They're not great on-road, but they rock off-road.

I felt that as long as I was driving a vehicle like the Pinz for it's off-road capabilities, I might as well choose the tire for those same reasons.

I bought 7, and just rotate all 7 each time. I run them for 500km and then rotate them. That way, in case I destroy one, I've got an exact replacement. Plus, by rotating that 7th tire, the whole set should last me a bit longer (15%-ish?).

Undy