BFG km2 tires

Issues with shocks/springs, tires, steering box, stopping, etc.
Jerbearyukon

BFG km2 tires

Post by Jerbearyukon »

So I can't get any interco tyres for my truck up here in canada...I guess they are backed up all over the place. I am in dire need of two of them.

I have rotated the ones from the back to the front and vice versa just cause the back ones with the normal angle they sit at are pretty much toast.

THe only thing I can get my hands on here are the KM2's and I haven't heard real good things about them really.....yes they are supposed to be ok as long as you hit everything straight on but the side walls are supposed to be their weak link...up here you could be DAYS away from some place to fix one.

has someone out there put these tires to a a real PINZ TEST....I know I have thrown everything at the interco's and they have be amazing....Is there something else I could look at?

Thanks Jer Bear
4x4Pinz
United States of America

Re: BFG km2 tires

Post by 4x4Pinz »

I really liked the interco's but they are difficult to get at times. I ended up switching to Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ's. No regrets and I really like to put them to real pinz testing. The rubber compound seems to be a little softer than the interco so life expectancy is down some but I can get them anytime and at just about any decent tire shop. I run the 265 75's on my 710 and the 285 75's on my 712. No blown side walls even though they have taken some real abuse.
Attachments
169067_1624257411268_1381474459_31556492_7204925_n.jpg
169067_1624257411268_1381474459_31556492_7204925_n.jpg (72.72 KiB) Viewed 6048 times
M Wehrman
United States of America

Post by M Wehrman »

KM2's...., I like the ride and handling.... 2 sidewalls on the Pinz,1 on the Volvo. Discount tire certificates and a good pro-rate replacement from BFG keeps me coming back. Still a pain to get out of the truck.........
Mark
Stock means no imagination!

Volvo TGB1317, .95% Morphed!

68 Haffy
Jerbearyukon

Post by Jerbearyukon »

think I will try to get hold of the baja's then....I just have heard tooo many issues with the sidewalls on the km2's....there supposed to be tough as nails when hit front on and have great traction...but I live in a place that has way toooo many issues with sharp rocks and roots.

Sure wish I could the interco's again those truxus are a great tire.

Jer
pinzinator

Post by pinzinator »

Hey Jerbear I was in Carcross last week. I thought I might see a Pinzgauer.
Jerbearyukon

Post by Jerbearyukon »

I was there actually but I wasn't in my truck - I had it parked with a horse trailer behind it.....at the wildlife place there out by the carcross desert. I was up the mountains there to the north and west of carcross.

Where are you now?

Hope we can get together - how come you didn't contact me?

jwald@yukoncollege.yk.ca

email me ok

Jer
Jerbearyukon

Post by Jerbearyukon »

Yukons a big place bud.....should have emailed me when you were coming....
pinzinator

Post by pinzinator »

I was in Carcross only long enought to get off of the White Pass & Yukon Route train from Skagway and get back on the return bus. I did have time to take this picture of a store across from the train station and get my passport stamped.

Jerbearyukon

Post by Jerbearyukon »

Too bad I didn't know cause I could have come down to say hi. Nice to see ppl that you talk to on these sites. They have great ice cream there. Hope you had a great holiday - inside passage can be amazing depending on the weather.

Jer

PS - here's where I was....it's a bowhunting site but it's what I do too. SOme shots of the pinz in there..yes she is up for sale right now for onlyh 21000 cause we are moving to Costa Rica and I need a soft top one....if I put new tires on her the price will go up though - have 29 invested in her.

http://www.tradtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28957

here's my spring bear link:

http://www.tradtalk.com/forums/showthre ... ight=bears
Jerbearyukon

Post by Jerbearyukon »

4x4PINZ - hey will the 285's work on the 710.....my guy is having a hard time getting the 265's

thanks

jer
edzz
United States of America

Post by edzz »

Jerbearyukon wrote:4x4PINZ - hey will the 285's work on the 710.....my guy is having a hard time getting the 265's

thanks

jer

I'm running BF Goodrich Mud-Terrain TA KM2 255/85/16, for my use I've been thinking of going narrower. :shock:
Hope the recovery is going well.
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
pinzinator

Post by pinzinator »

I have 285/75 16" tires on my Pinz, never had a problem. I think this is about as big as you can go.
Jerbearyukon

Post by Jerbearyukon »

I ordered the Mickey Thompson but they wont be here for about 3 weeks.....the KM2 dont have any biters on the side either and I just think with the siping they will be better for up here in the winter.

I will give you a report when I have tested them...

Right now getting ready to take my four legged friend Banjo hunting for sheep....Jer
Jerbearyukon

Post by Jerbearyukon »

So my search for tires continues - Now they can't get the mTZ - they can get three but not four...

So I am looking at the Dick Cepeck Mud Country - they actually have five in stock but down south. THey are 265 75 16 so I guess I will have to buy five instead of four cause my interco's are 255 85 16 and the new ones are an inch shorter and will probably wreck the drive train if I put the interco on as a spare right?

Jer
Jerbearyukon

Post by Jerbearyukon »

So I have completed the circle of tire life - I ended up with the KM2 just for cost and efficiencey sake - they are the same size as the Interco's and hence I could get just four.....I had them siped before installing so they should be better in winter and on ice than the originals.

So far - VERY QUIET compared to the interco's.....great grip in rocks and smooooooooooooooooooth on the road.

Time will tell how they compare, but so far the warrantee is great and and the ppl that I bought them from have served me well in the past.

All is good...going for a fishing trip for 5 days new week and then a moose/caribou/grizz hunt on the 10th of sept till the 20th or so.

Thanks for all the input...I will keep you posted on the performance or lack of it

Jer