Sourcing a set of tires

Issues with shocks/springs, tires, steering box, stopping, etc.
krick3tt

Re: Sourcing a set of tires

Post by krick3tt »

CentAr712 wrote:Can you use the dynabeads inside tubes...if you could get them in there?
When I had the larger BFG tires on the pinz I used tubes and had the beads in the tubes. Now I have Treadwright tires
and use the air pellets in the tires without tubes. Bought a big can of the pellets, divided them up into 4 equal piles with a scale
and put them in the tires. Work just like the Dynabeads.

If you put them in the tubes get the special valve stems that prevent them from sticking in the valve. Getting them in the tubes
is a tedious job, go slow and do not rush it...it will work just fine. Take them off the pinz lay them down on the floor and use the
applicator tube that comes with the order. Call them up and chat with the guys, they will help you.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
Protoman333

Re: Sourcing a set of tires

Post by Protoman333 »

ive had my 710m for a long time, been running anything but maloyas the entire time.

ran radials (swamper traXus), better on road handling/ride, worse off road, a lot more expensive. went with bais ply (swamper ltb's) ride ok on road but handling is worse, excellent off road and much cheaper than radial. im staying with bias. i like traction off road. both sets ran/run balancing beads, btw.

ran tubes with the radials. got a flat and didnt have another tube. when "new tire time" came, i just pulled the tubes from all. ive only had to "top off" with air a handfull of times. i wouldnt worry about them leaking...or rather, i dont worry about them leaking. only once in 12 years of Pinz ownership have i had a low tire; i still think it was a kid effing with me and letting the air out but i suppose it could have sat funny and leaked. either way i still drove it a mile to a compressor and it stayed on the rim.

mounting? havent had a problem. balancing? nope. well, once, but the weights flew off within a few miles. just been with the beads every since. at each place, ive had the people use a floor jack at the diff, just make sure to use a 4x4 chunk 'o wood so that the jack isnt in contact with the aluminum diff...you dont want a high psi point like that or it will probably crack the case.

the bottom line is that my pinz chews the tires up anyway; balanced or not, aired up or down, tubed or not, radial or bias ply. none of these factors matters, its gonna eat them. i mean, i run mud tires and most of my mileage is on pavement and i drive too fast (i like taking the corner on 3 wheels)...

i doubt this was much help, just thowing my 2 cents in.
Chris
'73 710m