Hydraulic jack

Issues with shocks/springs, tires, steering box, stopping, etc.
krick3tt

Hydraulic jack

Post by krick3tt »

In changing a tyre this afternoon I noticed that the forked portion of the jack would not hold position.
The lower part stays but not the upper part. This is a problem in maintaining the height for tyre changing as I have to really install the tyre and lug nuts quickly...too quickly for safety.

Is there a way to have the jack rebuilt or am I going to have to get a new one?
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
pcolette
United States of America

Re: Hydraulic jack

Post by pcolette »

I've had an outfit in northern Wisconsin rebuild 2 Pinz jacks for me and they came back great. Cost was about $85 IIRC. http://www.phjjacks.com

I ship it to them in a USPS Flat Rate box and they usually UPS back to me. I think it was a 2-3 week turnaround last time.

I would think any good hydraulic shop could do it. Just tell them it's a Weber bottle jack from Germany.
Paul C.
_________
'73 Swiss 710M
'89 Puch 230GE
4x4Pinz
United States of America

Re: Hydraulic jack

Post by 4x4Pinz »

I just took my jack into a place, set it on the counter and asked them to rebuild it. they said three days without blinking an eye. When I picked the jack up it was all better, painted the same blue as original. surprised me until I turned around and saw a big poster of one that looked just like it next to unimog. this jack is not that uncommon, only the curved bottom that was added is different. Mine was $75 to have done. Jacksinc. phoenix, az.

after that we were able to track down most of the parts ourselves except one seal. The total of all the parts minus the seal was just over $50 so we just take them in.