treadwright retreads

Issues with shocks/springs, tires, steering box, stopping, etc.
krick3tt

treadwright retreads

Post by krick3tt »

There had been a bit of conversation on another site I frequent about Treadwright tires.
I have not heard of them before so, since I will soon be in the market for new(er) tires I thought I would ask
if anyone has experience with them.
I know they are retreads but since I rarely go over 55 mph I am not sure if that is an issue. There might be
a sidewall issue off road but I would have that in any tire.

I do not have one of those much acclaimed 80 mph pinzgauers.

Advice is appreciated.

http://www.treadwright.com/p-95-285-75r ... m-t-e.aspx
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
audiocontr
United States of America

Re: treadwright retreads

Post by audiocontr »

I own treadwrights on 3 of my vehicles. The company customer service is amazing. The last set which i purchased for my F250 super duty started to crack after 5 months and less than 3000 miles. I sent photos back and they immediately credited me the cost of all 4 and shipped me out a new set at no cost to me. I decided to go for larger tires on the 250 and so far im happy. (Note- Pinzgauers and 99-03 F250s use the same tire seize)

They work well on the Pinzgauers, no issues when airing down, though i have little experience with very low PSI. I'd also recommend against the walnut additive unless you plan on a lot of ice. Wears the tires down too fast.

Ignore the over 55mph stuff you read on the web as its all rumors that they good ol boys lay out to convince themselves their $500 tire is better than your $150. These tires will not fall apart on you.
1973 712m
1968 Haflinger
1965 Pathfinder
1978 GMC Palm Beach (Hey, its got 6 wheels!!)
krick3tt

Post by krick3tt »

Thanks. What size did you get? I am running 33 inch BFG right now.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
audiocontr
United States of America

Post by audiocontr »

265/75/16 i believe
1973 712m
1968 Haflinger
1965 Pathfinder
1978 GMC Palm Beach (Hey, its got 6 wheels!!)
Bulldawg

Post by Bulldawg »

I just had 7 of the treadwright tires mounted yesterday with no problems. I have the 285-75-R16 aired down to 20psi. I did increase the front pressures to 30 for easier steering. I got the "backbone M/T" tread if I remember correctly and so far no road noise at all.

I will have an off road report Sunday after my run on Saturday.

Jim
Bulldawg

Post by Bulldawg »

Went on the run saturday with the treadwright tires (backbone tread). They performed great in the light mud and soft soil. No road noise from them up to 60mph.

Jim
Buzz
United States of America

Post by Buzz »

I put a set of Treadwright Wardens on my 710 a month ago. They are 265/75/16s. I used to have TruxUs M/Ts. The Wardens perform much better in the sand and are much more comfortable and quiet on the road. And the price is hard to beat. I threw balancing beads in also and everything is balanced great.
I wish I had done this years ago.
"It's as stupid and wonderful as owning a pet elephant."
1974 Pinzgauer 710M
1990 Puch G Wagon 230 GE
Jimm391730
United States of America

Post by Jimm391730 »

I bought a big container of the heaviest Airsoft pellets I could find at Walmart (~$15 for 5,000 0.2gm size) and divided the container up into 7 baggies, then just had the tire installer empty each bag into each tire as they mounted them. This gave me about 5 oz of balance weight in each tire; fast, cheap, and they will never go out of balance.

I have the "Kedgegrip" walnut and ground glass versions in my 710M, and the standard Treadwrights (with the pellets) on my 712W. Love 'em both. Both have their Guard Dog 265/75R16 range E.
Jim M.
712W and 710M
berger
Canada

Post by berger »

Thanks for the post guys!

I will keep these in mind next time I need tires. The Warden looks a lot like the BFG A/T....and that is my favorite A/T tire.....but cost a pretty penny.
Ottawa, Canada
1974 710M
2007 2WD Ural Patrol
Buzz
United States of America

Post by Buzz »

Yes the Wardens do look like the BFG A/Ts and that's why I chose them.
"It's as stupid and wonderful as owning a pet elephant."
1974 Pinzgauer 710M
1990 Puch G Wagon 230 GE