Parking brake disc replacement. Has anyone done it?

Issues with shocks/springs, tires, steering box, stopping, etc.
Twin Pinzies

Parking brake disc replacement. Has anyone done it?

Post by Twin Pinzies »

I'm about to redo my parking brake. Is it a total P.I.T.A. to get at the disc? Do I need any special tools for disassembly or gaskets for reassembly?
Thanks in advance guys and gals for any insights!
krick3tt

Re: Parking brake disc replacement. Has anyone done it?

Post by krick3tt »

I took mine apart to examine them and it was only an issue when I had to lift the body to pull the assembly apart.
Send me a PM and I can send you the photos I took at the stages of removal. Include your email for the photos.
Only special tool was a big 'C' clamp to tighten the body back down.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
berger
Canada

Post by berger »

Perhaps you could document the work and add it to the tech sessions.....

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Ottawa, Canada
1974 710M
2007 2WD Ural Patrol
undysworld
Norway

Post by undysworld »

You'd do best to check the parts manual as to whatever part/s may be needed. I don't recall any gaskets there, as it's rear of the differential and not sealed IIRC. Best to double check on your own though.

From memory, it's not too big of a job. There was one top body mount that was a real sob to get. But other than that, I don't recall any particular troubles.

BTW, don't forget the required twist to the brake cable when you reinstall it, or the brake won't lock properly.
krick3tt

Post by krick3tt »

I sent Herb photos of my teardown. I am not any kind of expert on pinzgauers but I thought some shots of the internals might help him out.

If anyone wants to see the photos PM me your email and I can send you what I sent to him.

If he wants to post any of the photos it would be fine, I have real problems getting my photos to post properly. I also suggested the manual for reference. There are no gaskets.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford