Hand Brake issue.

Issues with shocks/springs, tires, steering box, stopping, etc.
Twin Pinzies

Re: Hand Brake issue.

Post by Twin Pinzies »

undysworld wrote:IIRC, you slide an open end wrench onto it from the front. Sorry, it's been a long time.
Yes! You CAN easily get an open end wrench onto the nut on top of the body mount bolt. You access it from the space just under the bed and forward of the mount bracket.
Twin Pinzies

Post by Twin Pinzies »

Latest issue...

Ok so I got all of the bolts off of the tail cone and body mount quite easily but when I pulled the cone back to remove it from the fixed bolts studs, the housing contacts the body mount bracket, preventing it from being fully removed.
It seems that I'll have to jack up the entire body tub in order to get enough clearance to pull the cone off and access the hand brake mechanism!

Any thoughts?
krick3tt

Post by krick3tt »

That is why I posted those pictures of having to use a 'C' clamp to press the body back down. I could not remove the surround of the brake without lifting the body. I only did one side as it was enough to allow the surround to be removed. There may be another way to do this but I could not think of one, perhaps someone has a better idea...if so I do hope they speak up. I would like to know for future repairs.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

The rear outrigger bolts to the body need to be released (or loosen almost completely) so the body can be lifted off the backbone to let the tailcone be removed.
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)