Tool box curiosity

All things body, interior, paint, windows, tops... you know.
krick3tt

Tool box curiosity

Post by krick3tt »

I was cleaning out the tool box on the side of the pinz today to remove dirt and debris. Noticed that there are holes in the bottom to drain the box, yet there is a rubber gasket around the door to box seal to keep out dirt and debris. The logic escapes me as to the gasket and the holes both.
Any enlightenment to be offered?
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
4x4Pinz
United States of America

Re: Tool box curiosity

Post by 4x4Pinz »

always thought of it like a dive bell. You should also have a deflector piece of metal that does not allow splashing to get up too far into the box. Works well as I know mine has been under water and the contents in the box did not get soaked.
krick3tt

Re: Tool box curiosity

Post by krick3tt »

Actually, that piece of metal is intended to be used as a base for the jack when in soft soil conditions like sand. It does serve as a sort of splash guard.

I do like the idea of a diving bell as the thing has been in water and mud...quite unintentional. It just was part of the off road trail I went on with some friends. None of us had been on that trail and did not know what we were going to find.

I thought it time to clean out the mud and noticed there were holes to drain the water. All my tools and other important items are in ammo boxes, water tight and safe.

Thanks for your response.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford