Seats...Again

All things body, interior, paint, windows, tops... you know.
GenevaPinz
Switzerland

Re: Seats...Again

Post by GenevaPinz »

Probably the best aftermarket seat installation I have seen, congratulations! The colors of the paint, top and seats match very well without being the exact same. 8)

Having a truck with a darker paint color, a black top and black seat covers (and with the flash in your pictures), my Pinz feels like a dark uninviting cave compared to yours! :roll:
Jan

'72 Pinzgauer 710M
Texas710
United States of America

Post by Texas710 »

Way to go (slow clap...) Another freaking mod I have to add to the list.

Really nice job, those seats are nice, hell, your whole truck is nice. inspiring me to clean up mine a bit!

If I understood from the pictures, you basically cut off the back of the existing seat frame and welded up the crossbars, that was pretty much it? Now to find some unused seat frames...
pcolette
United States of America

Post by pcolette »

Thanks for the kind words. 8)
Texas710 wrote:If I understood from the pictures, you basically cut off the back of the existing seat frame and welded up the crossbars, that was pretty much it? Now to find some unused seat frames...
Yes, exactly right. I first drilled thru and removed the rivets that the seat back pivots on and then carefully cut and ground away the bracket. The crossbars are one of those "measure twice, cut once" situations.
A post in the Classified section may turn up some extra frames.
Paul C.
_________
'73 Swiss 710M
'89 Puch 230GE