Front Door Uppers - Mine don't match!

All things body, interior, paint, windows, tops... you know.
Haf-e
United States of America

Front Door Uppers - Mine don't match!

Post by Haf-e »

So on my Pinzgauer the driver and passenger door uppers don't match - one has small radius corners in the glass opening (old version?), while the other has a larger radius corners (new version?).

I am going to be redoing them - strip, paint, new seal channels, etc. and thought I would go ahead and get a new one so that they match.

Anyone with a similar problem? Might there be a mirrored version of my Pinz out there to swap door uppers with? Anyone want to buy a used one by chance?

SAV has new ones with some storage wear available on special for $139 so I probably will grab one soon - but which is the old and which is the new? I can call them on Monday but thought I would see if I could get an answer sooner.

Thanks!
Haf-e

1971 Pinzgauer 710M

Disc Brake Conversion Kits for 710 and 712 Pinzgauers
www.klugewerks.com
stiffler4444
Canada

Re: Front Door Uppers - Mine don't match!

Post by stiffler4444 »

Got a pair of the ones from SAV on sale. I can go home tonight and look at what they sent me. Can't tell you which is old or which is new however.
1972 710m
Haf-e
United States of America

Post by Haf-e »

Pretty sure the large radius is the new version - it is also "stamped" looking with a radiused edge verses just flat for the other version.

Please let me know if you can.

Thanks!
Haf-e

1971 Pinzgauer 710M

www.klugewerks.com
stiffler4444
Canada

Post by stiffler4444 »

Hi,

Checked on the new ones and they are large radius. My old ones are small radius. I'd say that the large is the new style then, considering my doors are pretty old and beat up and the truck is a 72.

Hope that helps. BTW, the doors on sale showed up in perfect condition. I think they advertise them with possible blemishes just because they haven't necessarily been packed away all that securely. Still wrapped in original cardboard and tape though.

tx Dave
1972 710m
whitesik
United States of America

Post by whitesik »

I ordered two of these fro SAV a few months ago. New old stock. Both were damaged. I initially thought the damage occurred during shipping. Sarah and SAV were very understanding and offered an exchange. However, upon their search, similar damage was found on many others and it was felt the damage was due to long term storage; being stacked upon each other. Thus, they added the warning of potential storage damage. It is real. Damage can be easily fixed if one has knowledge of such, nothing major.
75 Swiss 710K
Not so new owner but still a novice
W9YG
stiffler4444
Canada

Post by stiffler4444 »

They must have sorted them out after the warning or I got lucky and got perfect ones. I never get lucky like that...... :roll:
1972 710m
Haf-e
United States of America

Post by Haf-e »

So what is included with the door uppers? Any of the rubber weatherstripping on the edge of the door? or does that need to be added?

Thanks,
Haf-e

1971 Pinzgauer 710M

www.klugewerks.com
stiffler4444
Canada

Post by stiffler4444 »

Haf-e wrote:So what is included with the door uppers? Any of the rubber weatherstripping on the edge of the door? or does that need to be added?

Thanks,
No weather stripping or anything that I remember. Need to swap it all out from the old door or add new.
1972 710m