Closed cell foam for 712 m

All things body, interior, paint, windows, tops... you know.
Pols497
United States of America

Closed cell foam for 712 m

Post by Pols497 »

Has anybody got any recommendations for foam in the rear of the top of my 712m and where can I purchase it. Too much to sort through on Amazon or Ebay. Help will be much appreciated.
Roger Melton
rmel
United States of America

Re: Closed cell foam for 712 m

Post by rmel »

Hard to give a completely intelligent recommendation without a wee bit more info
on the application and what your trying to solve/improve.

But, I have had good experience with Second Skin Audio's products, made in U.S.A.
Primarily engineered for Sound Deadening and Vibration dampers, but they do have
closed cell water proof materials, and it drops the noise figure considerably, not sure
that matters in your case. In general your likely better off buying from a company
that focuses on Mobile and Marine applications than some random materials off of
eBay or Amazon -- IMHO.

https://store.secondskinaudio.com/close ... n-the-usa/
Puller: 71' 710K 2.7L EFI aka Mozo
Follower: Sankey MK 3, 3/4 Tonne
Rescue Pinz: 73' 712MK

Driver: Ron // KO0Q
Pols497
United States of America

Post by Pols497 »

Thanks Rmel I guess I should of thought it through a little better. I'm wanting to insulate from the heat in summer and the cold here in Oklahoma. I have a eberspacher but it can't keep up with the curtain rolled up.
Roger Melton
rmel
United States of America

Post by rmel »

I suspect you are well aware of the Pinzgauer insulated tops and cab separator from TuffRiverStuff dot COM.
Also hearing on this forum there's a rather deep backlog unfortunately.

cheers
Puller: 71' 710K 2.7L EFI aka Mozo
Follower: Sankey MK 3, 3/4 Tonne
Rescue Pinz: 73' 712MK

Driver: Ron // KO0Q
Pols497
United States of America

Post by Pols497 »

Yes I've been on the forums for 10 years. I don't want to spend that much for insulation. I've seen somewhere on the forum somebody had some foam in the roof of their 710 for a little extra warmth
Roger Melton
4x4Pinz
United States of America

Post by 4x4Pinz »

I have had really good luck just using the surplus military wool blankets. They do a good job with insulating and when needed can be used or more specific applications. I currently have one in my Swiss G to help with the summer heat and help keep the flapping down when at highway speeds. Works well and is fairly inexpensive.
audiocontr
United States of America

Post by audiocontr »

4x4Pinz wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:45 pm I have had really good luck just using the surplus military wool blankets. They do a good job with insulating and when needed can be used or more specific applications. I currently have one in my Swiss G to help with the summer heat and help keep the flapping down when at highway speeds. Works well and is fairly inexpensive.
But stinky =)
1973 712m
1968 Haflinger
1965 Pathfinder
1978 GMC Palm Beach (Hey, its got 6 wheels!!)