Dog House Cracked

All things body, interior, paint, windows, tops... you know.
Scooter7

Dog House Cracked

Post by Scooter7 »

My Dog House was cracked for awhile and has completely separated (just about perfectly) down the middle. Curious of the best method of repairing it vs. buying a new one. Thanks in advance.
Texas710
United States of America

Re: Dog House Cracked

Post by Texas710 »

I crushed the back corner of mine and had some success using gaffers tape to hold it together. Was a temporary fix that sort of turned permanent (once I realized how much a new doghouse cost...)

I would be interested in knowing if anyone else had a good repair option. Sadly, I think replacement is the way to go once it gets too bad.
Smiley

Re: Dog House Cracked

Post by Smiley »

I actually just repaired my doghouse which had an 8-10 inch crack going up the middle. I researched from previous threads and random internet information and used a product called Q Bond. It worked really well thus far as I patched it this morning. Time will tell but it looks good and is a nice strong bond. I did v out the crack as to allow the powder used in the reaction to fill a space and allow for a good bond. If your doghouse is completely cracked I would push it back together and use tape underneath and v out the plastic above to allow for a good powder fill. Once you have the power filled in the groove you use the superglue like liquid to solidify the bond. It seems to melt it all back together. I wish I had taken photos, but didn't think too. I purchased the Q bond from Amazon.