Neoprene seat covers

All things body, interior, paint, windows, tops... you know.
MTPinz
United States of America

Neoprene seat covers

Post by MTPinz »

I'm in the market for some fresh seat covers and came across a few mentions of SeatcoversUnlimited for exact fit Pinz covers. I called just to be sure their website was correct and they do indeed (still) have the patterns. I was looking at their neoprene ones here:
https://www.seatcoversunlimited.com/Neo ... overs.html
and was curious if anyone has used them before and how you liked them. The military green/black doesn't seem entirely out of place in a Pinz and the extra padding would certainly be welcome, not to mention the outdoor friendly material.
ChickenPinz
United States of America

Re: Neoprene seat covers

Post by ChickenPinz »

Wow. That's one of the first web sites I've seen where the pulldown menu acknowledges that a Pinzgauer exists.

Curiously, it only lists 1971-1976, but my assumption was that there were no seat changes in all of the run of 710/712. True?
MTPinz
United States of America

Post by MTPinz »

Not sure on any differences in seats over the years...they all look the same to me :)

I found this thread here which got me to Seatcoversunlimited.
http://real4x4forums.com/PinzgauerBBS/v ... php?t=4577
I called and verified they had the pattern as that thread was 13 years old and the name of the company changed slightly.
The fit looks nice, especially for covers. Having never had neoprene covers before I was curious if they were the right choice in a Pinz.
Daly944
United States of America

Post by Daly944 »

I've had them for about a year. Love the color and it is much better in the heat than the vinyl seats. You have to get creative when installing as they are held on with thin rope and getting the corners to stay tight takes a bit of work.

They don't have options for rear seats unfortunately.
Attachments
20211030_150839~2.jpg
20211030_150839~2.jpg (939.47 KiB) Viewed 2481 times
MTPinz
United States of America

Post by MTPinz »

Wow those look exactly how I was hoping they would...same color I was looking at to boot! Thanks for sharing. Once you get the corners figured out do they stay or is this one of those things that you are constantly fighting?
Daly944
United States of America

Post by Daly944 »

They stay on. After the first few weeks of use you can take the seats out and tighten the string more to get them extra snug. For the price and look I couldn't be happier. For the back I might just buy a bunch of black neoprene and staple it over the existing rear vinyl covers.
MTPinz
United States of America

Post by MTPinz »

Good to know! I wonder if one could send in a rear cushion cover for a pattern and they would make it. It'd be nice to have a matching rear option as well, and if they wear out you just order another.

The local upholstery guys around me aren't very cost effective.
MTPinz
United States of America

Post by MTPinz »

I received my neoprene seat covers today and they seem very well made. I'm excited to get them installed but am a little confused on the rear seatback install.
Daly944, do you have any other photos of how you attached these covers on the seatback portion with the seat back frame in the way? My original though was to slide the cover over the bar, but it looks like you went a different route. What am I missing here?
This is what I'm workin with:
IMG_20220601_212820708.jpg
IMG_20220601_212820708.jpg (1.54 MiB) Viewed 2356 times
Daly944
United States of America

Post by Daly944 »

Sorry for the delay, I don't get post notifications.

My driver side metal seat bar doesn't go back as far as my passenger side. For driver side I went over the metal bar, passenger I went under.

The trick to getting them snug is how you route the ropes and how you go back and take slack out from them to get the edges to stay.
MTPinz
United States of America

Post by MTPinz »

Well it turns out the reason why I couldn't get my covers on is that they were missing a critical part of the pattern...the seat back slit that goes over the stock 'rubber bands'. After corresponding with Seat covers Unlimited they realized their mistake and promptly took care of it. Their customer service was top notch!

Because they are a custom fit cover they do take some time to install but once on, they fit like a glove. My old seats were split at every seam and beyond repair so this was an easy solution that really pulled the interior together...excuse the dust and dirt from the previous open canvas excursion :) I'm stoked with the results and the fact there's a solid seat cover option out there.
IMG_20220715_180119763_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220715_180119763_HDR.jpg (985.79 KiB) Viewed 1845 times