Swiss Flag Decal

All things body, interior, paint, windows, tops... you know.
Peresh

Swiss Flag Decal

Post by Peresh »

Where can I obtain the square swiss flag decal ? Tried SAV and Exp. Imports and couldn't find it.

Any ideas?
Peresh

Post by Peresh »

Miles,
Non of those are squares and even if I cut them, they won't fit that metal plate.
4x4Pinz
United States of America

Post by 4x4Pinz »

Did you contact EI? They used to sell them some years ago. May still have them but not on website. If I recall there was a name on the bottom of mine of the company that printed them, too dark to see right now.
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

wish I would have saved mine. I just through them away.
pcolette
United States of America

Post by pcolette »

These are the folks that made them http://www.metallsignwerks.com/ and they still have some in stock. EI no longer carries them.

They don't sell the decal but just the complete metal sign.

Paul
Paul C.
_________
'73 Swiss 710M
'89 Puch 230GE
GenevaPinz
Switzerland

Post by GenevaPinz »

Nice to see this kind of enthusiasm about sporting the swiss flag on your trucks :D

As a side note, and sorry if this comes as a disappointment, "Suisse Armée" is not proper french... the correct way to put it in french is with the 2 words inverted (i.e. "Armée Suisse").

If you check the top right corner of the Swiss Army's website, you can see this straight from the source: http://www.vtg.admin.ch/internet/vtg/fr/home.html

Otherwise, you can opt for one of the other 2 official languages in Switzerland, German and Italian... :wink:

Jan
Jan

'72 Pinzgauer 710M
Peresh

Post by Peresh »

Metal Signs is out of stock.
milesdzyn

Post by milesdzyn »

**These have been sold**

Peresh, I'd be willing to sell you a used set of them that I pulled off of my Pinz. The signs are in great condition, front and back, just a small rust stain on the back white paint of the front plate. This should be easy to take off but I didn't want to scratch up the paint with my super scrubber.

I'll include the hardware thats still usable, one of the spacers for the front plate didn't have the zinc coating? so it rusted but could be cleaned with a wire brush and painted, or just buy a new on from Lowes or Home Depot.

$50.00 shipped USA lower 48 - anywhere else you pay shipping.

**These have been sold**

Miles
Lots of Pinz pictures here.......
http://picasaweb.google.com/pinzgauer.depository.1

'73 Pinzgauer 712M
OhioPinz

Post by OhioPinz »

If enough people want them, Tom at Metallsignwerks can make more. And he has been aware of the incorrect wording. Maybe a new batch with correct wording can be had.
Peresh

Post by Peresh »

Thanks I did get a hold of a pair from metal signs. They have some stock left.
kpoling
United States of America

Suisse Armee signs

Post by kpoling »

I also wanted some as my 710K had blank aluminum. I ordered a pair from Metalworks, very reasonable & the look good even if the Swiss phrasing is wrong. :? Kevin
berger
Canada

Re: Suisse Armee signs

Post by berger »

kpoling wrote:I also wanted some as my 710K had blank aluminum. I ordered a pair from Metalworks, very reasonable & the look good even if the Swiss phrasing is wrong. :? Kevin
I know this is an old thread, but I was curious if these signs are still available? I was also wondering if someone could provide the dimensions of these plates?

EDIT: May not...Email bounced back.
Ottawa, Canada
1974 710M
2007 2WD Ural Patrol
pcolette
United States of America

Re: Swiss Flag Decal

Post by pcolette »

The plates are 200mm by 200mm. The 4 bolt holes form a square 180mm measured to the center of each hole. The holes are drilled oversize to compensate for slight fabrication variations I suppose.

Metall Sign Werks website is still active. Contact info is here: http://www.metallsignwerks.com/contact_us.aspx
Paul C.
_________
'73 Swiss 710M
'89 Puch 230GE
berger
Canada

Re: Swiss Flag Decal

Post by berger »

pcolette wrote:The plates are 200mm by 200mm. The 4 bolt holes form a square 180mm measured to the center of each hole. The holes are drilled oversize to compensate for slight fabrication variations I suppose.

Metall Sign Werks website is still active. Contact info is here: http://www.metallsignwerks.com/contact_us.aspx
Thanks for the measurements!

Ya, their Email is no longer working. Tried it again today and I get an undeliverable response.
Ottawa, Canada
1974 710M
2007 2WD Ural Patrol