Pinzgauer heater duct replacement

All things body, interior, paint, windows, tops... you know.
pinzinator

Pinzgauer heater duct replacement

Post by pinzinator »

I just ordered all the CAT flex duct I need to replace all of the duct in my 710M. The 42mm defroster hose converts to 1 5/8", the closest size available is 1 3/4". The rest is readily available. SCAT is a higher quality that is more expensive, not something I don't need in my climate.

To figure the size you need just convert the metric ID to English ID by simply typing in the millimeters in the upper left box of the length conversion chart and clicking 'calculate'.
http://www.worldwidemetric.com/metcal.htm

Here is the page where you can place your order. I will not tell you how much or what size I ordered, as it may not agree with your needs or measurements-
http://www.wicksaircraft.com/catalog/pr ... index.html
locosmith

Post by locosmith »

Hi How many sizes are there? I need to place an order but haven't measured all. The one under the truck is 1 3/4 I think. Thanks Loco
pinzinator

Post by pinzinator »

The Pinzgauer uses 3 sizes of heater hose duct. Using aircraft measuring techniques, the number size indicates inner diameter using .25 as the multiplier. For example, a #11 size hose is 2 3/4" in diameter (11 X .25 = 2.75),
You will need 8' of #11, 4' of #8, and 4' of #7 to replace all of the heater hose in the Pinzgauer. This does not include the hose that runs along the floor on the passenger's side, that section should be rubber of plastic due to the susceptibility of damage.
The defroster hose will be slightly large, a few wraps of eletrical tape at the point where the clamp is will make up the difference.
Ordering the hose in those lengths does not allow room for error if you cut a piece too short, so be sure to measure twice and cut once.

pinzinator

Post by pinzinator »

I forgot to add that you will need 1' of #12 also. This is used to connect the fan to the defroster/heater plenum.
locosmith

Post by locosmith »

Thanks, I need to get that completed, so i can do the exhaust. Thanks Again. Loco
Pinz710m2

Re: Pinzgauer heater duct replacement

Post by Pinz710m2 »

Very good info from an old post. I'm ordering enough to replace all of mine.