Tuff River Tops

All things body, interior, paint, windows, tops... you know.
Peresh

Tuff River Tops

Post by Peresh »

Ok, I'm in the market for a new top. What do you guys think of Tuff River Tops and who has them ? Some pics would be nice.
Thanks.
Peresh.
Jim LaGuardia
United States of America

Post by Jim LaGuardia »

Cheers, Jim LaGuardia
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v510/Goatwerks/
"Arch Magus of Machines."
dr4yrk9
Puerto Rico

Post by dr4yrk9 »

The tops are great, they are not cheap but you get a great quality product. They are very nicely insulated, they are quieter, warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer. Ray is a great person to deal with, very good customer sercve. I have them on both my trucks and they work and look great. I would include photos but I have not put the time to figure out how to post them here. Some day..I can email photos of mine if you like.
Ed
1974 710 M
1974 712 M
Jim LaGuardia
United States of America

Post by Jim LaGuardia »

Here's a couple pictures of Ed's 712.
Cheers, Jim LaGuardia
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v510/Goatwerks/
"Arch Magus of Machines."
GenevaPinz
Switzerland

Post by GenevaPinz »

Peresh,
I bought a black top for my 710M from Ray last year, and I have the same feedback as dr4yrk9: the top is very well fabricated, a definite improvement over stock (in looks and performance) and there are a few details that make it a tad easier to use than the stock one (adjustable straps to keep the rear flap rolled up, removeable side plexiglas windows, for example).

Ray is a great person and went to great lengths to accomodate an overseas sale.

I will try to take pictures of mine this weekend.

Jan
Jan

'72 Pinzgauer 710M
4x4Pinz
United States of America

Post by 4x4Pinz »

I don't have one of his tops but I did take one of his first generation tops that one of the SWPA truck owners has on his up to him for repair. The top got caught on a tree branch and pulled back the top layer. Ray fixed the top up while I waited and barely even charged for the material to do the work. He even replaced a few of the plastic clips while he had the top in his shop.

Great product and wonderful customer support.
Peresh

Post by Peresh »

Thank you all for your help. The cost $2000 but very well worth it.

If anyone has a black top, I'd really like to see pics.

I spoke to Ray yesterday and he's sending me some samples of the colors. He did tell me that Green was impossible to match as they don't sell the army green to vendors unless their making products for the military. :(

So I'm thinking biege, tweed, forrest green or black.
dr4yrk9
Puerto Rico

Post by dr4yrk9 »

Jim, thanks for posting the photos. The 712 looks good on those photos. I think the "toast tweed" looks very good on the green. I have a black top on my 710 but the truck is white and it looks great. I am not sure how it would look with the green.
Ed
1974 710 M
1974 712 M
chacaocop1

Post by chacaocop1 »

If anyone has looked at the "sahara" jeep, they combine precisely that, green body with beige top.

Black... I saw once a truck with a black top but the color was red. With green IMHO will not look good.
CHACAOCOP
1973 712M
GenevaPinz
Switzerland

Post by GenevaPinz »

This is not my truck but I used this set of pictures from Scott's website to get an idea of how green and black would look before ordering from Ray...:

http://www.expedition-imports.com/categ ... r_softtop/

I like it... (you would have guessed that...) :D

Jan
Jan

'72 Pinzgauer 710M
dr4yrk9
Puerto Rico

Post by dr4yrk9 »

That actually looks pretty good, go figure.
Ed
1974 710 M
1974 712 M
totaljoint

Post by totaljoint »

Just got the front 1/2 of my new "toast tweed" insulated top from Tough River Stuff. Very impressed with how it's made! If the rest of the 712 is construced as well as this top, it'll last forever.
krick3tt

Tuff River tops

Post by krick3tt »

TJ,
I know it is probably too soon to tell but how does it hold up with the rain? We may return to WA in a couple of years and If I start now saving for the top I may have enough in a year or so to get one. Really like the looks of the tan colour as my pinz is the standard OD but I may paint it desert sand one day. When I had my Mog it was desert sand and really was much cooler to the touch. It all comes from rattle cans and not difficult to match if I crunch something.

Morris
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford