710- Kondensation ??

All things body, interior, paint, windows, tops... you know.
norcal pinz
United States of America

710- Kondensation ??

Post by norcal pinz »

this morning was a little frosty outside so i started the 710k up and ran the heater behind the drivers seat the cab heated up nice! then the roof got really wet and it started to rain inside the truck! how did the military deal with this if they had sensitive radio equipment?
710M 1972
710k 1974
Erik712m

Re: 710- Kondensation ??

Post by Erik712m »

norcal pinz wrote:this morning was a little frosty outside so i started the 710k up and ran the heater behind the drivers seat the cab heated up nice! then the roof got really wet and it started to rain inside the truck! how did the military deal with this if they had sensitive radio equipment?
I think they just put more layers of clothing on. You should insulate really is affordable. I had the pinz a toasty 70 DEG. For about seven days. And it was in the 30's outside. :D
GenevaPinz
Switzerland

Re: 710- Kondensation ??

Post by GenevaPinz »

norcal pinz wrote:this morning was a little frosty outside so i started the 710k up and ran the heater behind the drivers seat the cab heated up nice! then the roof got really wet and it started to rain inside the truck! how did the military deal with this if they had sensitive radio equipment?
They kept guys inside the truck all of the time when out in the field, took the radios off when the vehicles were not being used for radio transmission (manpower is FREE for the military! :roll: ), and they parked the 710Ks indoors when they were in storage...

Also, military radios don't really mind a few drops of water... I guess that's the excuse for them being so heavy!! :)

Jan
Jan

'72 Pinzgauer 710M
Ugo

Post by Ugo »

Yep, military (vehicular) radios are damn heavy, but fully waterproof.
They have no vents or holes; covers and panels have gaskets, and also controls have gaskets on their shafts and levers.
Years ago I had a 710M with radios mounted in place of a bench seat ... after driving on dirt, I used to wash the dust off the radios throwing buckets of water on them!