Body Cavity Goop

All things body, interior, paint, windows, tops... you know.
jrcotner
United States of America

Body Cavity Goop

Post by jrcotner »

I replaced the damaged and missing floor drains on my 710, and cleaned out the muddy waterproofing gunk in the foot wells. I suspect it's there for a reason, and should be replaced with fresh. But what is this stuff? It doesn't seem to be grease (at least not in its current degraded state), and it's not anything like the WaxOyl I struggled with on my old Land Rover.

Can normal grease be used in the footwells and other places where this stuff lurks? If not, what is the stuff, and where do you get it?
Thanks,
John Cotner
1946 Willys CJ-2a
Elizabethton, TN
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

The same basic stuff as LR used. Waxoyl .
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

What is the cheapest place people have found Waxoyl available?
Q

Post by Q »

I got some in aerosol cans from roversnorth.com (havn't needed to use it yet), but don't know if it's available at a better price elsewhere...
Peresh

Post by Peresh »

Question: There are two holes on each side (passenger and driver). One has rubber plug. The other hole is a nickle sizes hole.

1) Does the smaller hole a rubber plug as well ?

2) I just cleaned both the smaller holes which were filled with small pebbles and mud. Do I need to fill these back with Waxoyl ? Just spray upward in the hole and around I presume?
krick3tt

drain holes

Post by krick3tt »

Peresh,

Those little ones are drain holes. When I first took out the floor panels to clean out the footwells I found half the alps in there and the drain holes were clogged with rocks and mud.
I have rubber in the big one on the side that drain down. Really don't need to put anything in them as the wind will still get in no matter what yu use. The hole in the passenger side has a grommet as I used it to pass cables through that run from the Warn winch to the controller mounted inside the cab. I mounted it inside to get it out of the weather and to make the winch a bit more aerodynamic.. Ha ha ha, an aerodynamic pinz, what a laugh.

Morris
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
GenevaPinz
Switzerland

Re: drain holes

Post by GenevaPinz »

krick3tt wrote:Peresh,

I mounted it inside to get it out of the weather and to make the winch a bit more aerodynamic.
Good one, Morris :lol: :lol:

Jan
Jan

'72 Pinzgauer 710M