Paint Considerations

All things body, interior, paint, windows, tops... you know.
yaknowthatguy
United States of America

Post by yaknowthatguy »

the new Icon CJ3B (which is insanely priced at $85000) has a unique paint job....it's powder coated :shock: nearly indestructible there...but heaven help you if you ever want to change the color!
712 amb. under construction.
rivervoog

linex

Post by rivervoog »

I saw a pinz at Big Bear 7 or 8 years ago that had a linex exterior thought it looked good and would stand up to scrathes from brush.
spandit

Post by spandit »

Powdercoating is great if you zinc coat beforehand, otherwise the slightest nick will cause corrosion to get underneath and it will come off in sheets :o

I'm planning on brush/roller painting mine as if I'm going to be off-roading in it, there's no point in having an expensive spray job. Steve is hopefully selling me his surplus paint...
--

Robin

Pinzgauer 710K
MegaJolt ignition
(upgrading to MicroSquirt)
wwcommando

Tan Paint

Post by wwcommando »

I was at the old Sherwin Williams store on W. Charleston just past Decatur. ( don't remember the new name) they are still there, lots of culled paint to choose from. Sorry, Miles I don't get on this forum often enough. Just towed the Pinz to Golden Valley, more room to work on finishing the paint over there, the driveway was getting kind of crowded here in Vegas.
Jeff
Fleg

Post by Fleg »

Winter Beater wrote:I too plan to paint my 712M, but not green.

Does anyone foresee a problem using Linex (et al) as exterior paint? It will likely cost $2K or more, but I didn't think a roller/brush would leave it in good enough shape if the Pinz ever needs to be sold.

Linex seems durable enough to handle a few trees, rocks, road salt and maybe a high lift jack and still look good.
I used the Rustoleum beadliner in a can "kit" in the bed of my 710M when I first got it. It is applied with a roller brush with good results. I just noticed the other day that they also sell the same kit in a Tan color. Either this fall or next Spring I'll be using the Tan kit on the exterior.
audiocontr
United States of America

Post by audiocontr »

Fleg wrote:
I used the Rustoleum beadliner in a can "kit" in the bed of my 710M when I first got it. It is applied with a roller brush with good results. I just noticed the other day that they also sell the same kit in a Tan color. Either this fall or next Spring I'll be using the Tan kit on the exterior.

Oooooooooooo GREAT idea!
1973 712m
1968 Haflinger
1965 Pathfinder
1978 GMC Palm Beach (Hey, its got 6 wheels!!)
milesdzyn

Post by milesdzyn »

Thanks Jeff I'll check them out.

Miles
Lots of Pinz pictures here.......
http://picasaweb.google.com/pinzgauer.depository.1

'73 Pinzgauer 712M
GenevaPinz
Switzerland

Post by GenevaPinz »

I missed this before, but this reminds me of the 710K-based "Gunbus":
http://real4x4forums.com/PinzgauerBBS/v ... us&start=0

It was fully covered in bed-liner, in and out.
Jan

'72 Pinzgauer 710M