repairing pin hole in top

All things body, interior, paint, windows, tops... you know.
berger
Canada

Re: repairing pin hole in top

Post by berger »

stiffler4444 wrote:For pinholes, the most unsightly repair is just a dab of automotive GOOP. That's what I used, works great, no show. :wink:
Mine are narrow tears, where the material is slivered, so I need something more than goop. $8.00 is not to much, double that for Type A and Type B. I am going to try it.
Ottawa, Canada
1974 710M
2007 2WD Ural Patrol
berger
Canada

Post by berger »

Just an update....I installed the Tear-Aid Type-B on the two tears in my rear windows and I really like how this product installs and looks. It is incredibly sticky and seals very well. I also used the Type-A on a couple of sliver tears in my roof, and it went on just as well. Since the product is clear, once you apply it and smooth it out, it blends very well with the green canvas and vinyl windows. I have to buy a couple more strips of the Type-B, as I didn't have enough in the one box to seal both sides of the window tears.
Ottawa, Canada
1974 710M
2007 2WD Ural Patrol
stiffler4444
Canada

Post by stiffler4444 »

berger wrote:Just an update....I installed the Tear-Aid Type-B on the two tears in my rear windows and I really like how this product installs and looks. It is incredibly sticky and seals very well. I also used the Type-A on a couple of sliver tears in my roof, and it went on just as well. Since the product is clear, once you apply it and smooth it out, it blends very well with the green canvas and vinyl windows. I have to buy a couple more strips of the Type-B, as I didn't have enough in the one box to seal both sides of the window tears.
I've ordered 2 6" x 30' rolls of this for an unrelated work project, but I'm sure I will try a little on my front canvas to cover that old pinhole repair. Sounds promising...... :D
1972 710m
berger
Canada

Post by berger »

The repairs I made to my "windows" using TA-B are holding up great. The only TA-A issue is on the roof where I noticed one corner is lifting, but I chalk that up to application. The other strip on the roof is holding up well.
Ottawa, Canada
1974 710M
2007 2WD Ural Patrol