Paint Oxidation

All things body, interior, paint, windows, tops... you know.
Hersir
United States of America

Paint Oxidation

Post by Hersir »

I was thinking of trying to bring back the finish of the exterior paint a bit as it shows the usual heavy oxidation from long periods of being left outside. Since purchase, I've garaged it and was wondering if there's a product that might bring back the paint finish some--or am I wasting my time? Eventually, I'll repaint but thought there might be something left under the oxidation worth seeing. Anyone have experience with restoring exterior paint finish on their Pinz? Thanks.
1975 710M (Swiss)
krick3tt

paint considerations

Post by krick3tt »

I think that bringing back the finish might be an exercise in futility unless you mean to keep it stock and enter it in shows.

I just redo mine periodically with OD rattle cans from Target. I can do the whole thing for three cans For about $10.

Let us know how the restoration goes, though.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
pinzinator

Post by pinzinator »

Clay blocking does not work, don't even try. WD-40 can make the Pinz shine for a while, Armor-All might also do the trick. Oils and silicones may make futures paint jobs difficult, so think long-term.