It's like Lasik for the windows

All things body, interior, paint, windows, tops... you know.
totaljoint

It's like Lasik for the windows

Post by totaljoint »

I've been reading a lot of posts in classified's and others that claim the original canvas top is in great condition, but the plastic windows are scratched up and need replacement.

Before replacing my windows, I sent #3 son out to the Pinz with some motorcycle windshiled/helmet visor scratch remover and polish from the local atv/motorcycle store and some old flannel PJ rags.

I used one application of "Slip Streamer" scratch remover followed by 2 rubs with "Meguiar's Mirror Glaze #10 Clear Plastic Polish"- per window, inside and out. I am amazed at how remarkably shiney and transparent they became.

Only major creases and the really deep scratches are left. The haze is entirely gone. The run-over did no damage/stain to the rubbery canvas. It may be my imagination, but they seem more flexible once that oxidized layer is removed. Also, it works like no-fog when full of people on a rainy day!

The rear window was replaced just prior to my getting the rig, and now the original side plastics are indistinguishable from that new rear window.

Sure makes the whole truck look better, and I can see clearly all around me when backing up!

Ed
undysworld
Norway

Post by undysworld »

Thanks for a welcome tip. One question though, will I still need reading glasses after this?
totaljoint

Post by totaljoint »

Even the wife looks better through these! (before I cleaned them)