the blower

All things body, interior, paint, windows, tops... you know.
yaknowthatguy
United States of America

the blower

Post by yaknowthatguy »

hey gang, have an issue with my blower for the heater in the cab. switch brings it on just fine....but it's awfully loud. sorta sounds like it's screeching in the housing. I can't tell if it's a bearing that's gone bad, or something is scraping the inside of the housing or what, and of course I have never listened to another blower to be able to tell if mine is normal or not.

if anyone can give me a feel for how much noise these should make, that'll be the hint as to whether or not I yank it and go looking in its guts. thanks a bunch!
edzz
United States of America

Re: the blower

Post by edzz »

yaknowthatguy wrote:hey gang, have an issue with my blower for the heater in the cab. switch brings it on just fine....but it's awfully loud. sorta sounds like it's screeching in the housing. I can't tell if it's a bearing that's gone bad, or something is scraping the inside of the housing or what, and of course I have never listened to another blower to be able to tell if mine is normal or not.

if anyone can give me a feel for how much noise these should make, that'll be the hint as to whether or not I yank it and go looking in its guts. thanks a bunch!
The blower in front of the passenger seat or the blower behind the driver seat? Assume you have a pinz. Is it a 710? 712? K? M? I know I’m being picky however your signature makes no indication of what type of truck your asking about. However in answer to your question, yes the front right blower in my truck is loud, at 60 mph if you turn it on and off you can hear the difference over (with) all the other noise. The same thing for the BN4’s blower behind the driver’s seat.

Ed
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
Pols497
United States of America

fan motor

Post by Pols497 »

no screeching on mine. We used to drill a small hole about 1/16 or smaller in the end of the fan motor in the center of where the bearing is and give it a couple of squirts of oil and it would usually quiten it up and buy some more time. hope this helps
Roger Melton
undysworld
Norway

Post by undysworld »

Yeah, they're not supposed to screech. It's a noticable noise level, but no more than any '70s heater fan. I'd check to make sure that the blower wheel isn't rubbing and making the noise, but I'd guess it's your fan motor. You might call the vendors and ask if anyone has a used one available.

BTW, Ed, it's a pretty safe assumption that he's got a Pinz, since he's inquiring on this forum. But why did you bother asking about the model of truck and which blower it was, especially since you commented that the noise level of both fan motors was the same? (Not trying to give you a hard time, just curious.)

Paul
yaknowthatguy
United States of America

Post by yaknowthatguy »

I have a pinz. The blower in question is on the passenger side. But as Ed pointed out, it probably doesn't much matter.

thanks for the helpful hints gentlemen, I'll dig into it when I get home from work next week.
712 amb. under construction.
edzz
United States of America

Post by edzz »

BTW, Ed, it's a pretty safe assumption that he's got a Pinz, since he's inquiring on this forum. But why did you bother asking about the model of truck and which blower it was, especially since you commented that the noise level of both fan motors was the same? (Not trying to give you a hard time, just curious.)

Paul
Correct it is an assumption that it is a Pinz in question. I commented on both as he didn’t specify which he was asking about and to point out that more than one possibly exists in a Pinz. Some items in the Pinz are model specific, some aren’t. Sometimes questions can be misleading and knowing the model provides clarification i.e. typically the “M” series trucks do not have heaters in the cab and “K” series trucks do.
If you asked a question about rear suspension should it be assumed the question is coil spring related? :)
Ed
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
totaljoint

Post by totaljoint »

would this blower be a difficult modification to make it fit?

http://cgi.ebay.com/JABSCO-3-FLEXMOUNT- ... 439b9b5ca4