Door Panels

All things body, interior, paint, windows, tops... you know.
kpoling
United States of America

Door Panels

Post by kpoling »

I want to check the inside of my front doors. I started with the left door, removed the panel screws. the 3 bolts that hold the door limit bracket and the door handle knob. When I try to slide it out it moves about 2-3" and hits something inside & stops. Does anyone know the "trick" to removing the panel. It is just hardboard, so it will break easy ($175 for D-side). Thanks in advance!

Kevin
Regards, Kevin

'73 710K sold 01/22/2016
pcolette
United States of America

Post by pcolette »

If I understand what you're saying, I think what is happening is that the inside door handle "bowl" is hitting the framework inside your door. To remove the panel you have to flex it enough as you pull it along the retaining flanges so that the bowl clears the door frame inside the door.

Hope this helps.

Paul
Paul C.
_________
'73 Swiss 710M
'89 Puch 230GE
kpoling
United States of America

Post by kpoling »

Hi Paul, I will try to flex it, but I am afraid that the hardboard material will break if I get to motivated :roll:. Thanks for the reply.

Kevin
Regards, Kevin

'73 710K sold 01/22/2016
milesdzyn

Post by milesdzyn »

Pictures would help, my panels were easy to remove but the bowls were removable on mine. Due to many modifications being done to our Pinzgauers from previous owners it's hard to make comments without a visual reference to go by.

Miles
Lots of Pinz pictures here.......
http://picasaweb.google.com/pinzgauer.depository.1

'73 Pinzgauer 712M
kpoling
United States of America

Post by kpoling »

Hi Miles, The bowls on my door panels are riveted to the hardboard. I will have another go at them next week. My drivers door seems less "stiff" top to bottom than my passenger door. I have snugged up all the fasteners I can get to with the panel on. I want to remove it to inspect the interior to see if there are other fasteners I can tighten or if there is something else wrong with the interior door structure.

Kevin
Regards, Kevin

'73 710K sold 01/22/2016
milesdzyn

Post by milesdzyn »

Just drill the rivets out and remove the bowls, you can reinstall the bowls with rivets or screws with nutserts.

Miles
Lots of Pinz pictures here.......
http://picasaweb.google.com/pinzgauer.depository.1

'73 Pinzgauer 712M