Need Pinzgauer parts and some help

All things body, interior, paint, windows, tops... you know.
pvwjr

Need Pinzgauer parts and some help

Post by pvwjr »

Hello,

I am new to the forum and just purchased a 712k. I am looking for a few parts. Does anyone have steps for sale? I also need an owners manual (in english) and the cover for one of the holes on the right side.

Lastly, do you know of a Pinzgauer mechanic in the northeast? I am located in PA and looking for a knowledgeable mechanic.

Thanks for any help.
Jon_Gilbart

Post by Jon_Gilbart »

This isn't the answer you were looking for, but I'm located in Frederick, MD (about 4 hours away from Greentown, PA). I have a 712M and would LOVE to see a 712K in person. If you are ever in the area, please let me know--I'd love to meet up somewhere and see the 712K. Or maybe you want to take it to Rausch Creek in PA sometime for a Pinzgauer off-road ride? BTW, where did you get it? I have nver seen any for sale in the USA. -Jon
undysworld
Norway

Post by undysworld »

Congrats on the truck, we're all jealous I'd guess.

What steps are you looking for? Fronts, rears, or???

I'd try one of the usual vendors for the o/m, Expedition Imports (above and a forum sponsor) or Swiss Army Vehicles.

Which cover? Can you show a pic? (Shameless attempt to see your truck)
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

Is it the blue and white one? Side generator ?
pvwjr

Post by pvwjr »

Erik712m wrote:Is it the blue and white one? Side generator ?
Thanks for the replies everyone. Yes it is the blue and white one, I will post pictures as soon as I figure out how.

Erik, I love your camo finish on the truck, I would like to do the same thing, who did yours? I am looking for a mechanic on the east coast also. Truck runs fine, just in case.
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

My paint job is nothing more than spray paint. There are a few mechanics in your area. When you order your parts book Scott will probably beable to point you in the right direction. Take a look a Mr. Mason steps in the general chat section of this forum.
mopar
United States of America

Post by mopar »

Is it this one?

I just got a 712M from NY myself so welcome to the club. There a place in keene NH that works on them
http://www.grautoworks.com/
Jason is the guy to talk to as he is the jason from this article in hemmings:

http://www.hemmings.com/hmn/stories/200 ... ture8.html

He gave some good advice on getting my truck out of 4x4 and it was very helpful. I met him when looking for a Pinz as he had a 710M he was selling for a customer
texas pinzgauer

Post by texas pinzgauer »

Wow, what a unique rig!! Congrats! Post some photos please.

As far as steps are concerned, as other point out EI has a removable step that attachs below the front door. Personally I didn't care for this placement and took mine off when I first got my 712. A lot of folks are running with the hub steps that Thilo Kass (among others) offers.
Looking for next new (for me) toy
1974 712M - sold
1973 710M - sold

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id ... 3094951494
pvwjr

Post by pvwjr »

Thanks for the info, yes that is the one. I will contact him. here did you get the picture?

I have been trying to get insurance for the vehicle but it is very difficult, do you know of an insurance company that will insure pinzgauers?
texas pinzgauer

insurance

Post by texas pinzgauer »

If you check the "general chat" portion of the forum, I'm sure you'll find the link to the previous discussion about insurance.

I'm with Progressive and they've been easy to work with.

Perhaps others can weigh in with their approach to how they got their trucks insuranced.
Looking for next new (for me) toy
1974 712M - sold
1973 710M - sold

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id ... 3094951494