Slide in Camper

All things body, interior, paint, windows, tops... you know.
chp-sk8

Slide in Camper

Post by chp-sk8 »

Has anyone put a slide in camper in there 710? I have been trying to find pics, and dim of what was used. I think the narrow width of the foot well is the kink. If I cant go this route I am going to get a RTT instead.

Thanks
Hell, lets just wing it and see were we end up!
Q

Post by Q »

interesting coincidence: there is a (rare?) 710AMB on ebay right now- its sort of a slide in camper box... its missing the rear interior bits (most likely were similar to the 712AMB) which may give you some ideas...

http://cgi.ebay.de/Pinzgauer-710AMB-2-A ... 133wt_1139
chp-sk8

thanks!

Post by chp-sk8 »

I will ck into this when I get back to a real computer. Sounds pretty sweet I wonder how much he wants and how much it cost? That would be a fst solution instead of a RTT and fab of the rack to put it on, or trying to find a camper that will slide in. thanks again.
Hell, lets just wing it and see were we end up!
Q

Post by Q »

here are some pictures of a 'camper-ized' 710AMB (the red one half way down the page):

http://pinzforum.kiruna.de/viewtopic.ph ... c60c41d022

i remember seeing a picture on the web somewhere of a 710M that someone spliced the upper portion of a vw westphalia camper into, anybody have the web address for that one?
Thomas-E

Pinz Camper

Post by Thomas-E »

I would suggest doing a simple search "Pinzgauer Camper", there are lots of pinz pictures out there. I went the build it up route rather than using an ambulance, costs more but fits my needs.

Search for "Blue monkey pinzgauer" on a really neat ambulance conversion...there are many of them. It just depends on how elaborate you want to go! -> and how much time and money you want to spend.

My built up box is wider than an ambulance box and overall from ground to top is just under 93 inches to fit into my garage.

Best of Luck on your project, lots to read on available items for a camper.
Thomas E.
Sonora, CA
712 Camper
[img][url]M:\avatar\DSCN0010%20(Custom).JPG[/url][/img]