Paint code

All things body, interior, paint, windows, tops... you know.
TimJ

Paint code

Post by TimJ »

Hi,

I have owned a 710M for a few months now, (in Brisbane, Australia) , it is ex Swiss Army and in very good condition. I am looking to get some paint mixed up so that I can touch up bits where the paint is worn or scratched. Does any body have the paint code for the original Swiss Army Green?

Thanks,

TimJ.
1975 710M Ex Swiss Army Reserve
totaljoint

Post by totaljoint »

"The original Swiss Pinzgauer paint is the RAL 6014 flat (neither semi-gloss nor gloss finish)"

Search "paint time" on the old threads for the full discussion.
Ed
TimJ

Post by TimJ »

Thanks for that Ed. I did search but didn't find that one.

Timj.
1975 710M Ex Swiss Army Reserve
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

totaljoint wrote:"The original Swiss Pinzgauer paint is the RAL 6014 flat (neither semi-gloss nor gloss finish)"

Search "paint time" on the old threads for the full discussion.
Ed

Not correct but close to the what the faded paint on the pinz now.

"I've dis-assembled enough Pinzgauers to tell you that the stock Pinz paint is NOT a flat paint. Somewhere between Satin and Semigloss"
totaljoint

Post by totaljoint »

I'm happy to be corrected. In my search of the archives that's the only color number reference I've found. Since I'm just about to repaint my truck, and am looking for the original color, does anyone have a better RAL number?
I've had two vehicle painters tell me there is an epoxy paint, industrial grade that would be good for the Pinz. Not cheap by any means, but seems to be quite scratch resistant, excellent seal against rust etc.. Has anyone tried this?
Ed
kpoling
United States of America

Post by kpoling »

Ed: Epoxy paint will lose it's shine and chalk from the UV rays. Epoxy top coat is typically used indoors for such things as food service areas or areas with caustic chemicals like a plating shop. Most good automotive primers (non sanding) are epoxy. The best automotive top coat is a two component urethane. Even better with a urethane clear coat over the color base coat. IMHO :)

As far as the color code. I have no info. When it is time to re-paint mine I will get it matched to the un-faded interior color.

Regards, Kevin
Regards, Kevin

'73 710K sold 01/22/2016