soft top repair shop in SF bay Area needed

All things body, interior, paint, windows, tops... you know.
og

soft top repair shop in SF bay Area needed

Post by og »

Does anyone know the place which can repair the soft top in the SF bay area? Need some stitching and
perhaps window replacement. I had one window replaced by a local sailmaker, but it was hideously expensive.
OG
Picasso

Re: soft top repair shop in SF bay Area needed

Post by Picasso »

These guys are good, I have had them make a few one off items. Great selection of outdoor fabric too.
http://www.campingrepair.com/
2X 712AMB Oakland, CA
ExpeditionImports
United States of America

Post by ExpeditionImports »

Our top shop in Hayward that was building our pinz tops got too busy and dropped the offering. We have used Joes Auto Top in Napa with success. Extremely high quality, with a price to go along with it.

As a baseline, our last shop was replacing the windows for $100-150 a window - $500-700 on a 710M top. Not inexpensive....hence the 2 commercial sewing machines in my shop at home! (I've yet to get a chance to hook them up.)

I'll have to check out campingrepair that was posted.

Cheers,

Scott
Expedition Imports Corporation
Vallejo, California
www.expedition-imports.com
"You didn't buy a Chevy..." "Hows that Amazon tech support working out...."
og

Post by og »

I have used that Place in Berkeley (San Pablo and Gilman if memory serves me well) for some camping equipment
repair, but I am not sure if they can handle heavy stuff like pinz canvas. Worth asking, they seem to be a low-overhead
business. In addition I have one ripped cover for M116A2 genset trailer I need to have re-stitched together.

My random searches yielded the following links in bay area, for boaters:

http://www.alamedacanvas.com/ in Alameda and

Cover Craft 510.234.4400
1230 Brickyard Cove Road, #106
Pt. Richmond, CA 94801

Haven't tried either, but they are all stacked nicely along the 880! Apparently north bay is the place to go.
A trip to Napa which goes through Vallejo would cause inevitable gravitational pull to EI to get "some parts I might need" thus
obliterating my hopes of not spending much money. Must resist...I can handle that..... aaaaaargh....

Thank you all for your comments, I'll report what I found.
OG
og

Post by og »

Scott, you may want to dust off and lube those two machines at home. Rumors are swirling that very soon demand will go up 100000% for a 718 softtops.
Not sure where are those rumors coming from. Probably just rumors 8)

ExpeditionImports wrote:Our top shop in Hayward that was building our pinz tops got too busy and dropped the offering. We have used Joes Auto Top in Napa with success. Extremely high quality, with a price to go along with it.

As a baseline, our last shop was replacing the windows for $100-150 a window - $500-700 on a 710M top. Not inexpensive....hence the 2 commercial sewing machines in my shop at home! (I've yet to get a chance to hook them up.)

I'll have to check out campingrepair that was posted.

Cheers,

Scott
OG