Ambulance Camper Conversion - specs?

All things body, interior, paint, windows, tops... you know.
psychoman

Ambulance Camper Conversion - specs?

Post by psychoman »

Hi all

I'm currently working through the logistics of turning my 712M back into an ambulance body and converting it into a weekend camper for the family. Couple of questions...

1. Does anyone have a proper internal spec sheet for an ambulance? I'm getting prices for a custom rock-n-roll forward facing seat/double bed, but need exact dimensions.. guess someone must have a SP tech spec and/or diagram kicking about?

2. When it comes to attaching internal boxes, seat bases, etc, what have people done re Amby bodies? Excuse my ignorance, but can you bolt through the body without compromising the fit to the basic 712 platform, or is there a better method? Any thoughts very welcome.

Thanks all

Dave S (Psychoman)
It aint what you drive, its the way that you drive it...
pinzmeister-uk
Great Britain

Re: Ambulance Camper Conversion - specs?

Post by pinzmeister-uk »

Hi Dave
Been there done it!! I'll send you some pictures, are you coming to Beltring ? I'll be there with the camper if you want to take a look and get some ideas.
Cheers Nigel.
psychoman

Post by psychoman »

Cheers Nigel. Be good to understand what you've done and what issues you might have run into.

Yes - plan to fly down this year and just camp over, if you've got room for a tent near you? :wink:

Hopefully we'll get the Pinz converted to camper duty in time for next year, so Jan and Kassie can come with me next time.
psychoman

Post by psychoman »

Cheers Nigel. Be good to understand what you've done and what issues you might have run into.

Yes - plan to fly down this year and just camp over, if you've got room for a tent near you? :wink:

Hopefully we'll get the Pinz converted to camper duty in time for next year, so Jan and Kassie can come with me next time.
pinzmeister-uk
Great Britain

Post by pinzmeister-uk »

Hi Dave.
Look forward to seeing you there, there will be plenty of room by us for the tent, we're there sunday to sunday, easiest way is to give me a ring when you get there and I'll let you know which field we're in.
Cheers Nigel.
psychoman

Post by psychoman »

Great - thanks - PM me with your mobile?

In the meantime.... anyone got the dimensions and any other comments on this please?

Thanks
Dave S
pinzmeister-uk
Great Britain

Post by pinzmeister-uk »

PM sent.
LilPoppa

Post by LilPoppa »

I don't suppose somebody could post the bed dimensions for a 710 or 712? I think I'm looking for the sme thing as the OP. Width between the rear side seats, height of those seat, etc.