EI Hardtop

All things body, interior, paint, windows, tops... you know.
stevo

EI Hardtop

Post by stevo »

I have been giving alot of thought about buying a fiberglass hardtop from Expedition Inports for the front cab of my 710M. I was wondering if anyone has any experience (good or bad) with this item. I plan to permanently mount it. I cannot see any re-enforcement supports for the main mass of the structure in any of their photos and I don't know if I should be concerned about this. Any imput would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Cheers, Stevo
No matter where you go, there you are!
BobbyD
United States of America

Re: EI Hardtop

Post by BobbyD »

My 710K is topless (top went to some movie...). I bought the truck and hardtop from EI. I like it. Everyone who has experience with 710Ms tell me it is a lot quieter. I left the center support (that holds the canvas up in the cab) in place and I drilled a hole in each front corner to lock it in place to the windshield.

This time of the year, I remove it every Sat morning and put it back on Sunday night. So, the original weatherstripping is worn out and replaced with new (from the hardware store).

It does make the vehicle more aerodynamic... NOT ; )
1971 710K S
N2PNZ
Winter Beater

Re: EI Hardtop

Post by Winter Beater »

I also have an EI hard top. Lined it with 1/2" foam from aircraft spruce to reduce cab noise and help with heat in the winter, it works well. Pins into the windshield frame are a must to keep it from vibrating loose.