Really need an exhaust solution

All things body, interior, paint, windows, tops... you know.
audiocontr
United States of America

Really need an exhaust solution

Post by audiocontr »

All of my attempts to locate a local solution, or fabricate my own have wound up with poor results. I've even looked at the SS replacements but they are out of stock. Is anyone willing to fab one or two together and sell them? There may be others out there looking for one as well.
1973 712m
1968 Haflinger
1965 Pathfinder
1978 GMC Palm Beach (Hey, its got 6 wheels!!)
NoahDL88

Re: Really need an exhaust solution

Post by NoahDL88 »

How much of the exhaust do you need? are we talking complete or heat exchanger back?

I have a buddy who owns an exhaust shop and I'm sure if we use mine as an example we could get some bends made up.

BTW, 710K, I don't know if it makes a difference between K and M, but I'm assuming the 712 is longer?
1972 710K
westernair
United States of America

Post by westernair »

Noah
Your setup is not stock, it is a Magna Flow with the tip brought up to just under the side rail instead of going strait out like a stock one.
In my opinion your setup is far nicer then a stock setup.
710's and 712's use the same sized exhaust.
If you get a chance post a photo of yours up
Shawn

62 haffy Bantam
61 haffy 4 door

72 710K - Sold
73 712M - Sold
audiocontr
United States of America

Post by audiocontr »

Muffler portion. Heat exchanger is fine, its a matter of creating something that fits from the output of the exchanger. Its trickier than it appears!
1973 712m
1968 Haflinger
1965 Pathfinder
1978 GMC Palm Beach (Hey, its got 6 wheels!!)
NoahDL88

Post by NoahDL88 »

I'll try to get a pic up in the next few days. I'm assuming people would prefer the tucked option over the stock routing, except for the few crazies that need it to be perfectly accurate for their military shows.

If its easy enough to unbolt from the heat exchanger it'll be easy enough for him to fab something up if he's feeling like he's up to a project. I'll get a quote from him the next time he see's the Pinz
1972 710K
captxmas

Post by captxmas »

I changed over my exhaust system to a fabricated, tucked up muffler and retained the heat exchanger although I replaced pipes in front of it from the coupling. Local muffler shop installed it and routed the exhaust out the rear of the wheel well. Works great so far used a magnaflow muffler.

I have the original muffler and inputs if anyone really needs stock. Its rusty ( surface) but fully functional. I changed it out because I really thought I'd bee breaking parts when they were removed and my goal was primarily to reduce exhaust noise which ended up being due to worn/loose "donuts" at the joints. Let me know if you want to buy the old one. A few bucks will help with other repairs/upgrades.
Capt Xmas