Interior width

All things body, interior, paint, windows, tops... you know.
berger
Canada

Interior width

Post by berger »

I know the width of a Pinz is 1.76m or 69.3in, but does anyone know the width on the inside of the bed sidewalls? I was thinking that with some plywood or 2x4s laid down over the seats/wells, to make a flat surface, I could haul my Ural around with me. The Ural is 66.9in wide, from outer cylinder head to sidecar fender.
Ottawa, Canada
1974 710M
2007 2WD Ural Patrol
krick3tt

Re: Interior width

Post by krick3tt »

Don't do metric but, I was measuring the other day for a fabric bottom and it was 5 foot 3 inches at the floor between the sides. Must be the same at the upper sides as well.
I have a nice Afgan rug in there now and it looks good.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
GenevaPinz
Switzerland

Post by GenevaPinz »

The seats tilt forward to form a flat surface, so you may be able to skip the part about the plywood.

You will still need to clear the rear door (less than 3 feet wide), unless you find a "Rapier" version or turn your truck into a flatbed (which probably solves the bed width question)...
Jan

'72 Pinzgauer 710M
berger
Canada

Post by berger »

Thanks guys. I assumed the rear doors came off all Pinzgauer models. Getting over the tailgate would be too difficult.
Ottawa, Canada
1974 710M
2007 2WD Ural Patrol
GenevaPinz
Switzerland

Post by GenevaPinz »

I didn't mean to throw cold water on your enthusiasm. Some people have modified their trucks to fit their needs and tastes in ways I would never have imagined, so I'm sure something is possible... but in stock form the rear panels (each side of the door, with the licence plate) will be in the way.

A guy from Georgia (the country) posted pictures of his truck with an ATV in the back, loaded from the side...: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3818&hilit=quad
...so there are ways to use a Pinz to carry other toys ;)
Jan

'72 Pinzgauer 710M
berger
Canada

Post by berger »

GenevaPinz wrote:I didn't mean to throw cold water on your enthusiasm. Some people have modified their trucks to fit their needs and tastes in ways I would never have imagined, so I'm sure something is possible... but in stock form the rear panels (each side of the door, with the licence plate) will be in the way.

A guy from Georgia (the country) posted pictures of his truck with an ATV in the back, loaded from the side...: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3818&hilit=quad
...so there are ways to use a Pinz to carry other toys ;)
Nothing dampened...and thanks for the link! :D . I like the stock look anyway. I may just go with a trailer...wired for 24V of course.
Ottawa, Canada
1974 710M
2007 2WD Ural Patrol
McCall Pinz
Switzerland

Post by McCall Pinz »

Look for a set of doors off a Rapier model 712m- they're double doors that open full width.
eat, sleep, Pinzgauer
audiocontr
United States of America

Post by audiocontr »

Assuming 2" per side panel its simply too tight to fit...

That is, if you decide to keep the side panels on. You can take em off and be golden. You may want to look into a 712 ambulance though and remove the rear box. Roll the Iltis right up and on. Ambulances are usually cheaper.
1973 712m
1968 Haflinger
1965 Pathfinder
1978 GMC Palm Beach (Hey, its got 6 wheels!!)