MK1 seats

All things body, interior, paint, windows, tops... you know.
berger
Canada

MK1 seats

Post by berger »

I have a set of MKI seats that came from an '84 Audi 4000 Quattro and I was wondering if they would fit in a Pinz? I bought these for the Iltis, and they slid right into the seat rails. I was going to sell them, but perhaps I should keep them for the Pinz.
IMG_0323.JPG
IMG_0323.JPG (54.15 KiB) Viewed 2001 times
Ottawa, Canada
1974 710M
2007 2WD Ural Patrol
Jimm391730
United States of America

Re: MK1 seats

Post by Jimm391730 »

Three things that seem to make or break fitting seats to a Pinz:
1. Passenger seat cannot be more than 19" wide to fit between the door and doghouse.
2. Unless you are "altitude challenged" you probably do not want a seat with a thick base. And while a short torso might sit a little higher, then reaching the pedals becomes a problem...
3. Some seats just seem to mount easily; others become a struggle to mount without getting too tall. It just depends how the seat hardware lines up with the Pinz mounts.

My truck has Eagle Talon seats that fit OK but were a pain to make mount; the driver's seat does not slide anymore. But having them for almost 10 years now I'm still happy with them. My other truck (don't tell my wife, she thinks it is hers!) has Toyota Supra seats (I think that is what I was told that they are) and they mounted up super easy, both seats slide, but the back has the integral headrest and if the back was 1/2" taller I could not get them through the door opening or mounted in the passenger side, as the seat back hits the windshield as I get the hooks into the floor bracket. But they are even more comfortable then the Talon seats.

And I've heard of at least a half dozen other seats that people have made to work. If you get the Quattro seats to work then I will have to learn to count higher... :lol:
Best of luck with them.
Jim M.
712W and 710M
berger
Canada

Re: MK1 seats

Post by berger »

Thanks. Ya, they could be too plush, and I forgot how much narrower the passenger side was. I could tell right away during my test drive. I will hold onto them, and if they don't fit, sell them.
Ottawa, Canada
1974 710M
2007 2WD Ural Patrol