Glass window orientation...

All things body, interior, paint, windows, tops... you know.
berger
Canada

Glass window orientation...

Post by berger »

Something looks odd about how my front windows are installed....but maybe I am wrong. The driver side glass orientation is different than the passenger side. The straight edge is the outer pane on the D-side, while it is the inner on the P-side.

Is this correct?

I hope I am not inundating you guys with posts....I just have a lot of newbie questions I cannot resolve in my searches.

Thanks for all the help!
Ottawa, Canada
1974 710M
2007 2WD Ural Patrol
krick3tt

Re: Glass window orientation...

Post by krick3tt »

Yours should be the same on each side unless you are trying to scoop in the water as you drive along.
Just like a shower door in your bath.
Not difficult to change ...take out the bolts and switch the glass on the P side to match the D side.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

I'm kinda new to this glass thing... only been around it 40ish years... and I keep reading and rereading the post and looking at the pics, and can't tell the problem from the pics either... but hey, I'm blind too...

But to tell you the placement, the forward piece of glass is the outer glass, and the rearward one is the inner glass. The wipe fits onto the front edge of the inner glass... simple logic, as you go down the road , rain and wind doesn't get funneled into the vehicle, and the wipe doesn't have airflow trying to pull it off.
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)
berger
Canada

Post by berger »

Thanks guys.
Ottawa, Canada
1974 710M
2007 2WD Ural Patrol