Antenna mount

All things body, interior, paint, windows, tops... you know.
djw
United States of America

Antenna mount

Post by djw »

What's the best approach for removing the top antenna as pictured. I can't get it through the barn door with it in place? Is there a standard or aftermarket part that makes removing and re-installing the antenna base a non-issue? And leak free? Pull the whole thing off? Just the antenna leaving the base?

Also curious what the unrelated rubber clip and the two rubber protected studs (one also on the other side as the depicted).

Thanks
Attachments
3-28-2012 12-28-37 PM.jpg
3-28-2012 12-28-37 PM.jpg (88.1 KiB) Viewed 2683 times
'74 710K (ÖBH Austrian Rehab) mostly unmolested original - the unicorn (everything works!)
collecting pinz docs since 2012 - pm me if I can help
stiffler4444
Canada

Re: Antenna mount

Post by stiffler4444 »

Just unbolt and cover with something waterproof. I used some thick black rubber and bolted it on flat. I coated the underside of the bolts with gasket maker and bingo...no leaks and fits in the garage.... :)
1972 710m
edzz
United States of America

Post by edzz »

The rubber piece in the lower right of the photo is a rest / retainer for the hatch when it is in the opened position, not sure what the other one is.

Is your truck ex Austrian? The top accessories look quite different from my Swiss 710K.
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
djw
United States of America

Post by djw »

edzz wrote: Is your truck ex Austrian? The top accessories look quite different from my Swiss 710K.
Yes it's Austrian, one of the refurbs with the td lights other bits.
'74 710K (ÖBH Austrian Rehab) mostly unmolested original - the unicorn (everything works!)
collecting pinz docs since 2012 - pm me if I can help
GenevaPinz
Switzerland

Post by GenevaPinz »

If your truck fits in the garage with just the antenna base off (and the plastic part that it sits on still in place), there is a factory-made plug that SAV has, both new and used (part no. 7111940071). It is kept in place by the 4 bolts that hold the antenna base.
The swiss used the same (US made) antennas on the Pinz, so regardless of in what part of the Alps these plugs were made, it will fit.
Jan

'72 Pinzgauer 710M