Missing Panel?

All things body, interior, paint, windows, tops... you know.
berger
Canada

Missing Panel?

Post by berger »

Hey guys.

A colleague and I went out to lunch today, and we were going over the rig and he noticed that the passenger side of the truck, in the front wheel well, seems to be missing a panel that attaches to the gas tank. The drivers side seems to have this panel. Is this something that I can replace? Is it necessary? Why would it be missing?

Thanks for your help!
Ottawa, Canada
1974 710M
2007 2WD Ural Patrol
pcolette
United States of America

Re: Missing Panel?

Post by pcolette »

Yes, you are missing a splash panel, bracket and 4-6mm bolts. The panel is for easier access to the starter and other items but keeps the starter from being splashed with water, mud and other crud. Part number for the panel is 7111611302 and for the bracket is 7111611271/55. The bracket has 2 welded on nuts for the bolts.
A drawing of parts group 21-10 illustrates them, #27 & 28.

You might be able to pick these up from Dennis at Linden Engineering off a parted out truck. SAV also carries them.
Paul C.
_________
'73 Swiss 710M
'89 Puch 230GE
berger
Canada

Post by berger »

pcolette wrote:Yes, you are missing a splash panel, bracket and 4-6mm bolts. The panel is for easier access to the starter and other items but keeps the starter from being splashed with water, mud and other crud. Part number for the panel is 7111611302 and for the bracket is 7111611271/55. The bracket has 2 welded on nuts for the bolts.
A drawing of parts group 21-10 illustrates them, #27 & 28.

You might be able to pick these up from Dennis at Linden Engineering off a parted out truck. SAV also carries them.
Thanks Paul! I was trying to find it on SAV! I will give Dennis a shout.
Ottawa, Canada
1974 710M
2007 2WD Ural Patrol
texas pinzgauer

Post by texas pinzgauer »

It looks like you're learning by trial and error with your new Pinz Derek (which is a good thing) and that your dealer in Canada hasn't been particularly attentive to the condition of the truck he sold you (which is a bad thing).

Glad to see that you're enjoining it even thought you shouldn't have had to mess with all of the stuff you're dealing with given your dealer's reputation.
Looking for next new (for me) toy
1974 712M - sold
1973 710M - sold

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id ... 3094951494
berger
Canada

Post by berger »

texas pinzgauer wrote:It looks like you're learning by trial and error with your new Pinz Derek (which is a good thing) and that your dealer in Canada hasn't been particularly attentive to the condition of the truck he sold you (which is a bad thing).

Glad to see that you're enjoining it even thought you shouldn't have had to mess with all of the stuff you're dealing with given your dealer's reputation.
Thanks.

You know, I hate to admit it, but this is how you learn :) ...and forums like this, and its members, are awesome. Sometimes I wonder how we got along without them. I have enjoyed every minute with the truck....and the wife is starting to too.
Ottawa, Canada
1974 710M
2007 2WD Ural Patrol
texas pinzgauer

Post by texas pinzgauer »

Your learning curve has been rather vertical and you've already demonstrated a lot of passion and enthusiasm for the truck from your posts.

I guess I'm just disapointed to hear about your buying experience given the (historically) solid reputation of the dealer with whom you did business.
Looking for next new (for me) toy
1974 712M - sold
1973 710M - sold

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id ... 3094951494