What are these originally?

All things body, interior, paint, windows, tops... you know.
djw
United States of America

What are these originally?

Post by djw »

Anyone know what these in their original form are/are supposed to look like? They are just above and forward of the rear doors on Austrian 710K models, and I have seen two Austrian 710K trucks with these exact parts. And neither had the Swiss style articulated lamps (both had no lamps at all).

I have been through the parts book and since this is an Austrian truck (and the parts book is primarily Swiss config), a lot of these parts are just not there. There is an accessory socket on both, and the blackout light switch on the right. These do not look like any part of the lamps found on Swiss K models.

Thanks for any pics or info of what these look like originally, or any part numbers involved. The paint/wear pattern is bit of a puzzle and they are hard bolted in this position on both sides, very sturdy.
Attachments
5-27-2012 6-59-15 PM.jpg
5-27-2012 6-59-15 PM.jpg (86.54 KiB) Viewed 2345 times
Last edited by djw on Wed May 30, 2012 10:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
'74 710K (ÖBH Austrian Rehab) mostly unmolested original - the unicorn (everything works!)
collecting pinz docs since 2012 - pm me if I can help
westernair
United States of America

Re: What are these originally?

Post by westernair »

from that pic it does not look like you have the K map lights seen on swiss trucks. Maybe some type of light holder
Shawn

62 haffy Bantam
61 haffy 4 door

72 710K - Sold
73 712M - Sold
djw
United States of America

Re: What are these originally?

Post by djw »

The message I got is that there is a map light that fits these mounts, not the Swiss version, but one on the Austrian models that you can switch side to side.

Anyone that might have a pic or part number for the Austrian version I would like to see one.
'74 710K (ÖBH Austrian Rehab) mostly unmolested original - the unicorn (everything works!)
collecting pinz docs since 2012 - pm me if I can help