corbeau seats

All things body, interior, paint, windows, tops... you know.
comfortdental

corbeau seats

Post by comfortdental »

hey guys i just got off the phone with corbeau, i had two baja XRS seats, on the driver side the frame broke. i called and the guy on the other side said " were currently on backorder, but when we get the seats in stock we will send you two new seats free of charge. apparently the seats are made in pairs, and what was wrong with one could be wrong with the others.

overall i am impressed with corbeau and would reccomend them to everyone that can afford them.
1974 710m
Ford excursion For sale
Toyota scionFor sale
michaelh712

Re: corbeau seats

Post by michaelh712 »

Nice looking seats. Did you install these in your Pinze and they fit?
Michaelh712
michaelh@updc.org
Educational Anarchist
bernhard

Post by bernhard »

I to am interested in seeing how these fit. I have the Corbeau A4 seats installed in the 712 and they have been fantastic! Noticed these seats are just a bit wider then the A4's and those just squeezed in.
Bernhard
1973 712M
1975 710K
2013 Tacoma TRD 4X4
michaelh712

Post by michaelh712 »

Bernhard,
So the A4's fit, even on the passenger side? How did you mount them? What is the height from the truck sheet metal to the seating surface? Any photos available?

thank you
Michael
Michaelh712
michaelh@updc.org
Educational Anarchist
bernhard

Post by bernhard »

Here are a few pics. I made a mounting plate for the seats that is 1/4 thick aluminum. This has no adjustment but I'm the only one that drives the truck and i put them where i like them. The sliding rails put the seats uncomfortably high. The seats are about 6" off the sheet metal at the front and less at the back as they slope down. I love these seats! i have the all leather ones and they look great for being in the truck the last 6 years.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28195322@N ... 321788760/
Bernhard
1973 712M
1975 710K
2013 Tacoma TRD 4X4
pcolette
United States of America

Post by pcolette »

Bernhard,
Very nice setup! Having installed a few different seats (Beard, Seats Inc., etc.) I really appreciate the nice mounting plates you made. If you have more detail on them I'd be very interested.
Thanks for the photos!
Paul C.
_________
'73 Swiss 710M
'89 Puch 230GE
michaelh712

Post by michaelh712 »

Here are a few pics. I made a mounting plate for the seats that is 1/4 thick aluminum. This has no adjustment but I'm the only one that drives the truck and i put them where i like them. The sliding rails put the seats uncomfortably high. The seats are about 6" off the sheet metal at the front and less at the back as they slope down. I love these seats! i have the all leather ones and they look great for being in the truck the last 6 years.

Bernhard,thanks for sharing and for the photos. This is EXACTLY what I had been considering, but the passenger side is so limited and oddly configured with the engine cover it's hard to tell exactly what would and would not fit. With your setup, is there ANY extra space, even 1" clearance on the width part of the seat bottom? From the photos, it appears that the seat back bolsters just barely clear the door. I would also love to see more details of the passenger flat plate, pix or dimensions if possible.

This forum is so great: sooner or later something appears from creative Pinze owners that sparks the imagination and/or solves problems. Thank you, Michael
Michaelh712
michaelh@updc.org
Educational Anarchist
bernhard

Post by bernhard »

I found this drawing i did many years ago. I can not tell you if this is what i have as i cant remember back that far but its probably very close.

Pasanger seat base by bernhard Leitner, on Flickr
Bernhard
1973 712M
1975 710K
2013 Tacoma TRD 4X4
michaelh712

Post by michaelh712 »

THANK YOU!
This helps a lot.
regards,
Michael