How do you remove a door glass?

All things body, interior, paint, windows, tops... you know.
PhilH

How do you remove a door glass?

Post by PhilH »

I know this should be easy, but how do you remove a door glass. My windows on my 710 are tinted (thank goodness). My lawn mower man threw a rock that shattered my passenger side window but, because of the window film, it stayed "together". Ordered the new window, and thought that all I would have to do was remove the drain rail. Not that simple. Can you just take out one window, or do both have to come out together? The original rubber window channel is all that is holding them, and it is close to dry rotted.
'74 710m
M101A2 Trailer
'69 Firebird Convertible
undysworld
Norway

Re: How do you remove a door glass?

Post by undysworld »

Seems to me that you unbolt the bottom channel and remove it. Both windows are then able to be removed. It's been a few years, but that's what I recall.
BobbyD
United States of America

Post by BobbyD »

Yes, remove the 4 or 5 bolts and half of the channel comes down and out. The bottom rubber/felt 2 channel gasket will keep the glass in control. Now is the time to deal with the rust there.... I don't know about the back doors...
1971 710K S
N2PNZ
PhilH

Post by PhilH »

Thanks for the insights. After I took off the bottom channel, my original felt/rubber gasket had "grown" to my window seal and just needed some tender persuation to get the windows out. Pretty straight forward job. Will be ordering some new track next week after seeing how weathered those were. Sure can't hurt anything.

PHIL
'74 710m
M101A2 Trailer
'69 Firebird Convertible