Mastercraft Rubicon Seats

All things body, interior, paint, windows, tops... you know.
berger
Canada

Mastercraft Rubicon Seats

Post by berger »

While at Trailfest 2013, a vendor had a MasterCraft Rubicon seat demo at his trailer. With his permission, we test fitted it in Mead's 712. It fit perfectly in the DS, but was a little snug on the PS. The door did close without any issues. Both Mead and TechMOGogy got into the truck and found it very comfortable. I was also impressed with the weight of it (20lbs). Definitely comparable to the stock seats...at least the DS seat. The only kicker was the cost....over $300.

Ottawa, Canada
1974 710M
2007 2WD Ural Patrol
Jimm391730
United States of America

Re: Mastercraft Rubicon Seats

Post by Jimm391730 »

From one perspective, there is only 19" of width between the doghouse and the passenger door (at floor level). This is usually the constraining factor with after market seats (along with seat height). While these show they are 22" wide, they might squeeze in there, as you found out.
Jim M.
712W and 710M
krick3tt

Post by krick3tt »

Those look like a winner. When I got seats at a salvage yard, from a Honda, DS was fine but PS needed to have the plastic cover for the adjustment removed to fit.
I figured since I don't see it, I won't miss it. ...and the seats are so much more comfortable than stock. Trips of 1600 miles are no issue now.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
stiffler4444
Canada

Post by stiffler4444 »

just got to wait for it to go on the usual Crappy Tire 50% off sale....watch the fliers..... :)
1972 710m
berger
Canada

Post by berger »

stiffler4444 wrote:just got to wait for it to go on the usual Crappy Tire 50% off sale....watch the fliers..... :)
Ya, um...different Mastercraft! :mrgreen:
Ottawa, Canada
1974 710M
2007 2WD Ural Patrol
undysworld
Norway

Post by undysworld »

Are those suspension seats? They appear to be.

I have Corbeau Baja suspension seats in my CJ5, and like them quite a bit. But they were surprisingly hard to mount, as the bottom rear extends way back, as these seem to do too. On the Jeep, I had to modify the rear fender area for clearance (but it's fiberglass anyway).
stiffler4444
Canada

Post by stiffler4444 »

berger wrote:
stiffler4444 wrote:just got to wait for it to go on the usual Crappy Tire 50% off sale....watch the fliers..... :)
Ya, um...different Mastercraft! :mrgreen:
Hey, that's a copyright infringement.....I'll call and pretend I'm a CT lawyer, put the pressure on for a free set and make this "all go away"........ :lol:
1972 710m
berger
Canada

Post by berger »

undysworld wrote:Are those suspension seats? They appear to be.

I have Corbeau Baja suspension seats in my CJ5, and like them quite a bit. But they were surprisingly hard to mount, as the bottom rear extends way back, as these seem to do too. On the Jeep, I had to modify the rear fender area for clearance (but it's fiberglass anyway).
Ya, they are a suspension seat. Based on the dry fitting we did on Mead's truck, there was plenty of room. Now, that may be more of a static fit, as opposed to a slider.
Ottawa, Canada
1974 710M
2007 2WD Ural Patrol