Cab Seat Cushion Replacement

All things body, interior, paint, windows, tops... you know.
landy

Cab Seat Cushion Replacement

Post by landy »

My original cab seat cushions are a little worse for the wear. Any suggestions for direct replacement, all-weather cushions, or possibly reupholster the original cushions with more padding and different material, or other ideas?

Thanks!
krick3tt

Re: Cab Seat Cushion Replacement

Post by krick3tt »

The original cushions in mine were replaced with newer foam type. They have a wood bottom and sit a bit higher as they do not have a depression in the centre of the cushion.. Check with SAV or EI for replacement pieces.
I have since sold the seats to another forum member that wanted stock seats.
edit: Keep in mind that you are going to spend some $$$ for new cushions. Might be less expensive to have them recovered and new foam installed.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
TechMOGogy
Canada

Re: Cab Seat Cushion Replacement

Post by TechMOGogy »

krick3tt wrote: SNIP
Might be less expensive to have them recovered and new foam installed.
It will be MUCH cheaper to buy new foam and vinyl and then have them re-upholstered.
Many shops can do it all but I found a foam place close to me where they custom cut foam in the density I wanted (they had samples of marine foam to try out various firmness)
Purchase marine grade vinyl (thicker and stands up to UV rays) and just supply everything to the re-upholsterer
Good luck with the project
ps - if you need to cut/shape the foam use an electric carving knife (<$10 at WalMart)
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker