Bridging the gap

Build projects, things that guys have come up with to make a Pinz better (or worse?) and aftermarket add-ons.
kdiqq
United States of America

Bridging the gap

Post by kdiqq »

So I'm planning on doing very light camping in a few weeks. Wife and I are getting to a location a day early so it's just one night in the back of the Pinz! I was planning to just throw down an air mattress I have in the back, but I need some way to cover the gap between seats when it's all folded down. Anyone have an easy-to-store solution that's low profile?

Thanks!
1977 Austrian 710M
EmbarkChief
United States of America

Re: Bridging the gap

Post by EmbarkChief »

Are you referring to the small space between the seat bases when they are folded flat? I would think an ISO mat or any other foam mat material would work just fine.
-1972 710M
Jimm391730
United States of America

Post by Jimm391730 »

We once put a queen sized air mattress in the back of our 710M; hint: we pinched the air mattress on the rearmost edge of the seat bottoms as we climbed in. Everything seemed fine at first, but became very uncomfortable in an hour or two! This would have been prevented if we had padded the edge of the truck at the rear with a heavy blanket, foam sheet, or similar padding. This is where the mattress gets abused the most as you enter and exit. YMMV.
Jim M.
712W and 710M
Texas710
United States of America

Post by Texas710 »

Cheap throw rug
McCall Pinz
Switzerland

Post by McCall Pinz »

I found some stiff foam about 2" thick from a gymnastics place and cut 4 rectangles to match the sizes of the folded seats. Covers the gap and adds insulation. You could probably even use the interlocking foam floor squares. I think Costco still sells the black and gray ones.
eat, sleep, Pinzgauer