electric steering assist

Build projects, things that guys have come up with to make a Pinz better (or worse?) and aftermarket add-ons.
4x4Pinz
United States of America

Re: electric steering assist

Post by 4x4Pinz »

well have had the unit in the truck and working now for a little while. Hit the trails again today and could not get it to act up. Worked great. I am getting used to having a lot less effort to driving my truck. I was taking care to notice if there was any kickback while hitting those annoying rocks in the trail, there was none. I do still have the procomp stabilizer on at the original location and another on the drivers side (these I put on to help combat the steering wheel kickback before the steering assist) There was concern that these might impact the units ability to work in my truck but that has not proven to be the case. As a side not for those who are not familiar with my truck it is on the heavy side (loaded up with accessories) and I do have the widened steel rims. Even with this setup which is beyond what EI (Scott) had anticipated the unit is working great. I can only imagine how much better it would work on a "standard" pinz.

Still loving the steering unit. Will keep updates coming from time to time.
TechMOGogy
Canada

Post by TechMOGogy »

When your stopped on pavement are you able to turn your wheels easily and if so, how much (just a bit or as much as you want)?
Do you get any noise from the unit when it is under heavy load?
Just trying to compare it to my setup on a 710.
Thx
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker
4x4Pinz
United States of America

Post by 4x4Pinz »

first I have wide tires on widened rims so I expected the turning while sitting static to be more difficult then with smaller tires. With that said it is easier then without the unit installed while turning static. The range of motion is the same as stock setup ( the unit is just an assist unit).

There is no noise made by the unit while turning under any conditions just the audible clicks when power is turned on and off.