oil pan gaurd engine protection

Build projects, things that guys have come up with to make a Pinz better (or worse?) and aftermarket add-ons.
NEWFISHER

oil pan gaurd engine protection

Post by NEWFISHER »

Was there a factory accesory oil pan gaurd or rear engine protector offered for the Pinz? I found the oil pan hanging reeeealy close to a log and thought about building one if I had an extra pan laying around. Has anyone built one?
4x4Pinz
United States of America

Re: oil pan gaurd engine protection

Post by 4x4Pinz »

Patrick at CWR used to have a guy that made one. I had it for a while. The material was a bit thin and kept getting damaged. Tim here in AZ made one for the oil pan and tranny for me (several others as well) that has held up really well. The only problem is his requires welding of mounting points where Patricks (CWR) was a bolt on unit. Saved me a few oil pans in my ownership of my pinzies. Tim's is actually a pretty simple design and could be made up by any fabricator in just a few hours. there is one piece that was water jet cut but does not have to be if one is good with a torch and grinder.
NEWFISHER

Re: oil pan gaurd engine protection

Post by NEWFISHER »

I decided to build an independent guard for the oil pan, similar to rear diff cover protectors on Dana style solid axle stuff. using my oil pan and a new pan gasket as a template, I have had them modeled and will have 10 lazer cut " pan rings" here shortly. Fab'ing up the guard bars or mask is next. Once completed and tested :) I will toss the rest up on the classified board if anyone wants one.