engine swaps...????

Build projects, things that guys have come up with to make a Pinz better (or worse?) and aftermarket add-ons.
one2many
Australia

Re: engine swaps...????

Post by one2many »

An electric Pinz sounds like a great project to me, if done well I reckon it has the potential to be an awesome vehicle.

I'd love to know some more info about it like for instance what range are you hoping for? How will it be recharged?
More information please!
1985 pinzgauer 712K factory 2.7lt civilian (RHD, 4 door K)
1979 Volvo tgb 1314a (under construction to om606 diesel/722.6 trans. Dual cab/tray)
TechMOGogy
Canada

Post by TechMOGogy »

EV Pinz build thread here: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10708
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker
krick3tt

Post by krick3tt »

I was toying with the idea of improving the pinz engine with just an upgrade to the pistons and cam but to only gain a bit more power it seemed to be wrong to change it and money not well spent.

Deciding to have a vehicle that went faster and had a bit more luxury, I sold the pinz to a new proud owner in North Dakota and bought a 2007 Land rover (D3) and although I often miss the pinz it felt wrong to change it around and try to redesign it as it is a fine machine as it stands.

As was posted above if you find an engine and a vehicle that has what you want, get it and leave the pinz alone.

Happy trails
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
4x4Pinz
United States of America

Post by 4x4Pinz »

I used to be of the mindset that a little more power in the pinz would be nice. I gave up on that thought long ago. My thoughts of a little more power have been confirmed with the purchase of one of the G wagons from EI. The G weighs close to what a 710 does and has something like 50% more power. I find it to still be a little weak. On the hills and highway where everyone is looking for the increase in power the minor gains just are not there. It would take a massive power increase to get the pinz to climb the hills like my 7.3 diesel does and the loss of the low end torque would just about ruin the pinz off road abilities.
Like Krickett if you want a cruiser then buy a different truck. I have learned to enjoy the slower paced ride of the pinz and usually find alternative routes to get where I am going.
audiocontr
United States of America

Post by audiocontr »

So stick with the power plant... But add a lil something.

Could the stock internals handle 6lbs of boost? Almost have to go efi, but I spent my 20s creating wonderfully successful DIY turbo setups on stock powerplants. I'd probably run a small supercharger vs a turbo if money were no option.
1973 712m
1968 Haflinger
1965 Pathfinder
1978 GMC Palm Beach (Hey, its got 6 wheels!!)