Lots of cheap heaters popping up

Build projects, things that guys have come up with to make a Pinz better (or worse?) and aftermarket add-ons.
VinceAtReal4x4s
Admin
United States of America

Re: Lots of cheap heaters popping up

Post by VinceAtReal4x4s »

Thanks for the report Simon.

I wanted to add that I just tested my 2K model in actual conditions for the first time last weekend. I was camped out in Big Bear Ca. (elevation 6800 feet) and Sunday night there was wind with falling temps. It got down to 36 so I fired it up and within 5 minutes it was about 70 in the rig. Very happy with it and it worked perfectly. That was only the third time I've started it up so far so will report later on when winter gets here.
"For those who risk, life has a flavor the protected shall never enjoy"

Your donation makes this site possible!

Joeri
Belgium

Post by Joeri »

Well here's a update from me....the Chinese heater Works perfect used it about 6 a 7 times now and it fires richt up when needed. I'm planning to make a connection from the pinz to the rooftent so it can heat that one to....will give updates about that soon :mrgreen:
Mr Zero
United States of America

Post by Mr Zero »

Well, the 5KW AIO diesel unit was not the right fit for me, on numerous fronts: too high output, diesel, and less than ideal physical fit. So I went with a 2KW 12V gasoline Webasto Air Top 2000 STC that I was able to source out of Russia (via eBay) for $550 (Best Offer), which is what I was seeing for a 2KW 24V gasoline Chinese heater. If you don't already have a 12V converter to run accessories a small inline unit will get the job done very inexpensively. My 710K is already plumbed to the main tank for a heater and I picked up an excellent mount from 3saurus that adapts all ducting to original. The end result is that the heater fits in place of the original BN4, output is just right for the volume of the truck, and as long as there's fuel in the main tank the heater makes heat. Loving it! :D

Whether you go with an Espar, Webasto or Chinese unit, I highly recommend reviewing and following the install, setup and operation tips in this article.

Jason @battlebornpinzgauer
[1975 Pinzgauer 710K 2.7L EFI, 1972 700AP Haflinger Pathfinder]
MTPinz
United States of America

Post by MTPinz »

I've been running a 2kw with the Afterburner controller in my Vanagon for a while now, burning straight kerosene. I've been blown away with it's performance, it's kind of crazy really.
I was skeptical so I had to see it to believe it. During a -20f week I set it up on a bench stand and ran it for 5 hours at a time with multiple starts and stops. It never failed to deliver it's contribution to global warming. That basically sold me.

Being in MT and approaching the end of August, I'm already thinking snow so I may just get another one of these coming for my 710m.

Great looking install Battleborn! What's the best way to get ahold of 3saurus to get some adapters?

Cheers,

Richie
Mr Zero
United States of America

Post by Mr Zero »

MTPinz wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:14 pmGreat looking install Battleborn! What's the best way to get ahold of 3saurus to get some adapters?
PM sent...
Mr Zero
United States of America

Post by Mr Zero »

$41.00...

Output (8KW) is likely way too high for a Pinz, but $41 is too good of a deal not to mention... Discount code tested and works as stated on 04-07-2023... Maybe someone needs to heat their garage...

12V 8KW Diesel Air Heater $41 +free shipping. Apply coupon code "BG67a2f6"...

whitesik
United States of America

Post by whitesik »

I dragged my feet too long on the one like yours and now they are way more expensive.
75 Swiss 710K
Not so new owner but still a novice
W9YG
Mr Zero
United States of America

Post by Mr Zero »