Improve front seat mounting

Build projects, things that guys have come up with to make a Pinz better (or worse?) and aftermarket add-ons.
Jake2015
United States of America

Improve front seat mounting

Post by Jake2015 »

The little pins that engage the passenger front seat mounting points are broken off my frame. I'm wondering if anyone has tried to improve the front mounting of the seat frame? Looking for ideas that might be better than just welding new pins on the frame.
Facebook: Southwest Pinzgauer
Texas710
United States of America

Re: Improve front seat mounting

Post by Texas710 »

Look around in the owner build and customization. I know a lot of us have swapped out the stock seats for the smart car ones. Most people just re-use their existing seat frames or buy NOS ones to weld to. Albert (Hotzenplotz) fabricated a pretty slick mount out of aluminum, basic principle is the same, uses the existing mounts but looks to be a little beefier. Thankfully, I have not had issues with my frames because finding a NOS set is getting harder and more expensive.
hatzlibutzli
Germany

Post by hatzlibutzli »

Those are the seat-adapters for Smart seats from the German speaking forum: https://pinzforum.kiruna.de/viewtopic.p ... 5&start=40

Way better than stock!

Regards Simon
ChickenPinz
United States of America

Post by ChickenPinz »

Jake2015 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:18 am The little pins that engage the passenger front seat mounting points are broken off my frame. I'm wondering if anyone has tried to improve the front mounting of the seat frame? Looking for ideas that might be better than just welding new pins on the frame.
What do you have against the pin system? They seem pretty sturdy, and I'm surprised you had them break off the seat frame -- maybe a bad weld?