Hardtop kit available in the UK

Build projects, things that guys have come up with to make a Pinz better (or worse?) and aftermarket add-ons.
texas pinzgauer

Post by texas pinzgauer »

I'm new to 712 ownership but I've already decided that rolling up the rear most canvas and leaving the front section down is the hot set up for this part of the world.

Summer time temps here are pretty brutal so all bets are off anyway but this time of the year, when the temps are pretty moderate (40s to 70s), I've been leaving the front canvas down and only mess with the rear most section. If they get cold, I tell them to scoot up and if they want the wind in their faces, move to the rear!

A hard top (front and rear) with "solid" front portion sides with windows would be very an attractive purchase...if reasonably priced.
Last edited by texas pinzgauer on Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Looking for next new (for me) toy
1974 712M - sold
1973 710M - sold

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id ... 3094951494
pinzmeister-uk
Great Britain

Hardtop

Post by pinzmeister-uk »

The reason for not using the origional side panels is the top was made to replace the ambulance box so the body sides had to extend right down to the platform.
chacaocop1

Post by chacaocop1 »

Oh I see. The kit was intended to convert 712 AMB to 712 K"ish". Any plans on "developing" a new prototype like the one I mentioned? Half of the job is done with the roof....

I once was offered a FB top made in europe but the price was outrageous, almost 7000 US in 1999!!! The cost was mostly from the shipping....
CHACAOCOP
1973 712M
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

chacaocop1 wrote:Oh I see. The kit was intended to convert 712 AMB to 712 K"ish". Any plans on "developing" a new prototype like the one I mentioned? Half of the job is done with the roof....

I once was offered a FB top made in europe but the price was outrageous, almost 7000 US in 1999!!! The cost was mostly from the shipping....
One thing to point out with the way pinzmeister made the sides one piece it will one have a place to leak instead of two.

After I welded in more roof supports in my hard top I had to go back and remove the top and reseal were I burnt off the the Poly seal. As I had several leaks.
pinzmeister-uk
Great Britain

hardtop

Post by pinzmeister-uk »

I have no plans to develop another top to sit on the side panels, there just aren't enough pinzgauers around to warrant the development and mold costs. The one I produce was designed and developed to do a specific job which it does very well i.e to replace the ambulance box.[IMG]http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23 ... CF0010.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg23 ... CF0011.jpg[/IMG]
pinzmeister-uk
Great Britain

hardtop

Post by pinzmeister-uk »

Image[/img]ImageImage I'll try that one again!!!
andy

Post by andy »

Pretty neat looking trucks and the seats in the back look a whole lot more comfortable than the mil-spec originals. Nice job.

Andy
A bar F
The buck STARTS here
www.deerleaseservices.com
chacaocop1

Post by chacaocop1 »

Wow, it looks awesome....
CHACAOCOP
1973 712M