SPRAY IN BED LINERS

Build projects, things that guys have come up with to make a Pinz better (or worse?) and aftermarket add-ons.
stevo

SPRAY IN BED LINERS

Post by stevo »

This subject has probably been discussed many, many times before; however, since I am a newbie I hope you'll bear with me. Am thinking about a spray-in bedliner material for the rear area of my truck. There are MANY different companies out there and probably just as many different products available. Any imput from you guys (and gals) would be appreciated. Thanks!
EvanH

Post by EvanH »

My 710 came with bedliner; I don't know what brand, but I do think it is a good idea.

The bedliner was put on thick, which had the unintended consequence of messing up the screw hole alignment for the transmission cover plate, and made the seat screws no longer line up either.

So you may want to make sure whoever does the bedliner puts down just a thin coat in these areas.

-Evan
ExpeditionImports
United States of America

Post by ExpeditionImports »

If you intend on keeping your truck long term, use a National Chain for the work. Linex, Rhino, etc. These companies have a good warranty. We see new "liner" companies sprout and die constantly. Considering that for an investment of 3-5K you can get lower quality equipment to shoot various coatings, you have lots of companies jump in to make there millions only to find out it's not that easy.

You might save 30-40%, but when the coating sheets off and the vendor has closed up shop, you are hosed. My personal favorite is Linex, as we have shot 40-50 vehicles and it seems to hold up very well.

Cheers,

Scott
Expedition Imports Corporation
Vallejo, California
www.expedition-imports.com
"You didn't buy a Chevy..." "Hows that Amazon tech support working out...."
djb_rh

Post by djb_rh »

I agree with the above. I'd add that the difference between Linex and Rhino to me is the material. Both are quality, but Linex is harder. It's a little more durable if you're going to be throwing transmissions in the back or something, but things will also slide around on it a little easier. I've used both and will continue to use both depending on what I'm gonna use the truck for. For a Pinz I'd probably use Rhino, personally. But mine mostly sees people duty, not stuff duty.

--Donnie
yaknowthatguy
United States of America

Post by yaknowthatguy »

I had a couple of vehicles shot with Speedliner; I don't know if they're still in business, but I had really good results with them. Haven't needed anything else done in a long time, so haven't kept track of them.

I have a personal disdain for Rhino, mostly because my local Rhino shop is owned and operated by a jackass. I'd rather line my truck with rubber cement and prayer than go to a Rhino dealer....but that's my own deal.

I do agree that going to someone who's been around a while is important - I have known people to shoot whatever-liner on a vehicle, have it peel/flake/fade and then find out the company's out of business when they went for warranty. This requires many hours with a needle scaler and paying someone to shoot it again. Caveat Emptor.
ka

Post by ka »

we use liners to coat plywood used for floors in systems i design. we were used to rhino - worked gr8. would have preferred linex (they seemed to be more technically educated about their stuff) but it was too far away from slc. last system we tried adding a non-grip sand to the mix. horrible stuff. cant touch it, kneel on it, cut it with a saw, etc. it's like shards of glass that instantly destroy flesh and clothing.

all this was to say dont add the grip sand unless you're sure you never want to contact it with anything other than the bottom of your shoes.
1973 710m
"it is not in the best interest of the shepherd to breed smarter sheep." ~ author unknown

press any key to continue or any other key to quit. ~author confidential
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

Scott or Brian, Have you ever sprayed over foam Or Styrofoam? Just got home from four days of camping it was ether hot or cold. Need to insulate. And would like to spray over the foam so I can still just hose it off when I get home.